Syncs with Soho Notes, features Cover Flow
Chronos has brought out a note manager for iPad called NoteLife HD that can work as a stand-alone media-rich note manager or sync with the company's Soho Notes for the Mac. Featuring a "worn leather" journal appearance, the program offers support for plain and rich text, images, PDF, audio/video files, web archive files, bookmark notes and more. The program has a built-in voice recorder, geotagging features, folder management, tagging, custom previews, camera support and encryption among other features.
New version improves Snow Leopard support
Ergonis has launched an update to its text expansion software, Typinator 4. The application automates the insertion of whole blocks of text or commonly used phrases while auto-correcting typing errors. Typinator has thousands of predefined corrections for typical typing errors and misspellings, supporting U.S. and British English, German and French. It replaces a predetermined abbreviation with a whole phrase, graphic, URL, date or image. It also auto-corrects typing across all applications system wide.
Webbla, Willow, JigSaw
Involer 1.2 ($20) is an invoice building application that features support for multiple companies and clients. The software allows users to manage past an present invoices, search through an archive of your invoices and track which clients are up to date with their payments. Version 1.2 has added support for company logos and also allows users to add a full client address. The application also can now automatically create unique invoice numbers and includes several new preferences. [Download - 2.7MB]
Timer Utility, Disco XT
PageSender 4.4 ($40) can send faxes and (PDF) emails directly from the print dialog, receive faxes using your fax modem, filter spam faxes by station name, design custom fax cover pages, and send faxes easily via eFax, jConnect, EasyLink, MaxEmail or RapidFax services. The update adds several fax-via-email services and support for 64-bit
applications in preparation for Snow Leopard. The update also adds support for QuickBooks 2009 and other applications that use garbage-collected memory management. [Download - 7.1MB]
ShutterBug 2.5 ($40) is a website creation tool with the ability to publish web albums, photo journals, and create online stores. The software includes a set of themes and templates that give users the ability to create a custom look with little to no HTML knowledge. The most recent release includes a PayPal Shopping Cart feature that allows one to add a shopping cart to their site without the technical know how behind the coding. The release also includes: Random Order and Loop slideshow options, better handling of text zoom in the browser, Before/After slideshows and image rollovers along with a few other bug fixes. [Download - 3.2MB]
TextExpander 2.4 faster
Those who have a lot to do in a short time no doubt appreciate how text "shortcuts" for frequently used text strings and images can speed things up. SmileOnMyMac says TextExpander does just that, and has just been updated for better speed and ease of use. The company says v2.4 includes a menu bar icon that responds at the same rate no matter how large a user's "snippet library" may be. The new version also includes bug fixes, keyboard navigation for the menu bar and other enhancements.
PopChar X 4.0 font tool
Ergonis Software on Tuesday released PopChar X 4.0, the latest version of its long standing font tool designed to help users find and type special text characters in OS X. Supporting Unicode fonts as well as thousands of characters, PopChar 4.0 brings a 'popup' menu that appears when users click a subtle menubar icon to select desired characters instantly without need of complex keyboard combinations. With added support for HTML symbols, Ergonis sees the software not only as an essential tool for users who frequently use non-standard characters, but also web designers and technologists.
RedleX has released Mellel 2.5, a significant update to the leading word processor for Mac OS X. The new release adds robust cross referencing capabilities, allowing users to refer from one point in the text to another (e.g., "see page 15"). Mellel's reference entry dialogue allows, accordingly, to create reference formats, composed of different elements such as reference to the page number, position in the text (above, next page, below, etc.), page range, and so on. Users can also save and re-use such formats again and again, making the necessary modifications as they go along.
- Totus Copy 1.0 utility for transferring data off of a failing hard drive. OS X has a number of safety features built into it's copy functions, if it detects an I/O error or a stalled read the transfer will fail. OS X also gets file information for all files before it even copies the first one. While these are great functions to prevent further damage to a hard drive it makes it very difficult to transfer data. Totus Copy will scan a failing hard drive and recover the files from it onto a separate functional hard drive. It does this by using a very gentle non-intrusive scanning method. [Download - 224KB]
- BlogAssist 2.2 ($10) tool to help weblog and website editing by making HTML markup easier. BlogAssist adds a small menu to the right-hand side of the menubar in all applications. You can simply select and copy some text into the clipboard, choose a suitable operation from the menu, then paste the result in the desired location. The text will have been transformed like magic. For example, copying hey and choosing Bold will result in hey - the HTML tags for boldface text, wrapped around the original text. [Download - 2.1MB]
- Tablatures 1.7 (39 EUR) Mac OS X editor for PowerTab tablatures. PowerTab is a well-known and widely adopted tablature editor for Windows systems and thousands of transcriptions in this format are available on the net. The tool can export tablatures in MIDI format for playback or use in other applications (for instance, GarageBand). Version 1.7 adds a couple of configuration options requested by users. [Download - 2MB]
- Domainer 1.7 ($40) an application for web site owners, marketers and investors track and manage their domain names. RAGE Domainer allows web site owners to centralize domain details, as well as those of their competitors, with one easy tuse application. Domainer also provides an overview of a domain's value through various popularity measures including Google PageRank, AlexaRank, incoming back links, and social tags. This free update adds more powerful smart folders and the ability to see name servers within the domain details view. [Download - 9.8MB]
- MMScript 1.1 ($35) a plug-in for FileMaker Pro. This plug-in allows you to create Script Events that call FileMaker Pro Scripts in your Database. The plug-in also allows you to call a script when the user has been idle for any specified amount of time. New to version 1.1 is the ability to do shell scripting as well as many underlying enhancements and bug fixes. The new release also has updated core plug-in code to include all changes/enhancements from other CNS Plug-ins. [Download - form]
Changes text sync app
Skorpiostech today unveiled Changes 1.0, an application designed to perform directory comparison and file differencing functions. Changes allows coders to ensure synchronicity between files and folders, designed to replace Apple's FileMerge utility. Changes features a CLI utility, a TextMate bundle, BBEdit and Text Wrangler menu scripts, Xcode integration, and F-Script support. Skorpiostech is selling Changes for $40 from its website, and requires Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
iRite for Dreamweaver
WebAssist today announced the release of iRite, a cross-browser text editing plugin for DreamWeaver. Normally, DreamWeaver users are required to make manual adjustments for rich text formatting; iRite allows users to focus on written content by providing a number of word processor-like functions to DreamWeaver’s interface. WebAssist is currently selling iRite for $50, a $25 discount from its usual price, while users of WebAssist Super Suite, Developer Suite or Admin Suite can upgrade for $30.
Super Get Info
FinanceToGo 1.6 ($45) personal and small business finance manager application for Mac OS X. The update features: better recognition of different dates, small buttons added to the transactions dialog to indicate you can create accounts or categories from there, fast transaction entry pane added, pie charts now default to the first sub-level that actually shows more than one sub-item (no more 100% pies with only one piece). [Download - 4.7MB]
- Power Manager 3.7.1 ($30) helps schools, businesses, and homes save energy by automating their Macs. The new release includes improved support for logging the
scheduler's activity and interaction with client applications. Syslog
support is important for administrators wanting a more detailed
understanding of Power Manager's activities. [Download - 3.3MB]
- Super Get Info 1.3.1 ($20) file and folder info utility. Super Get Info 1.3.1 is now compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and also includes changes to address reported issues. An alternative to the "Get Info" command provided by the Mac OS X Finder. Using an easily navigated tabbed interface, or the 'sgi' command-line tool, Super Get Info allows the user to view and edit the Mac OS type and creator codes for a given file. Super Get Info 1.3.1 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later. The Super Get Info 1.3.1 update is available free of charge to all registered customers. [Download - 800KB]
- BBEdit 8.7.2 ($125) professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. Specifically crafted in response to the needs of Web authors and software developers. The BBEdit 8.7.2 update is a regular maintenance release to this award-winning HTML and text editor. The BBEdit 8.7.2 update is available free of charge to all registered BBEdit 8.5 (and higher) customers [Download - 15.4MB]
- CheckUp Preview 0.9.5 Preview 2 ($30) tools to monitor the behavior and health of a Mac computer. It's a powerful and intelligent monitoring application for any Mac with PowerPC or Intel Processors. CheckUp is designed to monitor the usage of CPU, Memory, Disk Drives and Network Adapters and alert you when a certain resource exceeds a certain value. You can create usage reports and displays detailed information about all running processes. You can delete or terminate these. [Download - form]