ColorWare iPhone 3G
ColorWare recently announced it is now offering custom-colored finishes for the iPhone 3G, either on a brand-new model, or a user's existing device. ColorWare boasts a scratch-resistant, UV-hardened finish, with a selection of 35 solid or metallic colors. Coloring can be applied to the back, chrome frame, home button, SIM card tray, earbuds, and dock. Any combination of colors – whether complimentary or contrasting – can be applied to the device, starting at $150.
T-Mobile on Tuesday unveiled a new version of the Sidekick, and with it, a completely customizable shell design, which users can choose from a number of pre-designed colors and templates, or create their very own personalized device. Available by default in black or green, the Sidekick can be detailed with personal photos or graphic art, as well as a host of text, shapes, icons, and logos. Once the design is finalized, T-Mobile will ship the finished product to the customer, while the design remains online for others to view.
- iToner 1.0.7 ($15) iToner lets you easily transfer your own MP3 or AAC audio files to your iPhone, and enjoy them as custom ringtones. The new release has fixes for iTunes compatibility. iToner should no longer prevent iTunes from removing iTMS ringtones. It also fixes a crash when syncing with iPod touch from iTunes and includes various fixes and enhancements. [Download - 7.2MB]
- Neverwinter Nights 2 Update 1.12 ($50) Role-playing game set in the fantasy world of the Forgotten Realms, tMac OS X. In the game, you play a character whmatures from peasant tfull-fledged herin an attempt tprotect Realms against grave threats. You can build a character that suits your style of play - good or evil, chaotic or lawful, with any number of skills, feats and professions.This is an official update for Neverwinter Nights 2. This patch has a variety of changes and will update any previous version of Neverwinter Nights 2 to version 1.12.1295. [Download - 62MB]
- Billings 2.5.6 ($60) time tracking and invoicing software from Marketcircle Inc. that delivers professional invoices in minutes. Enhancements in this release include Leopard compatibility. The tool integrates into Mac productivity workflows, co-operating fully with Mac OS X's Address Book, publishing events tiCal, and making information available via Spotlight. The new release fixes a bug that prevented the combine slips action from permanently sticking. [Download - 18.4MB]
- Default Folder X 4.0.6 ($15) makes it easier for you to manage files by adding features and correcting flaws in the file dialogs of all Mac OS X applications. Default Folder X 4.0.6 now remembers the width of columns in "column view" within your file dialogs. After you make a column in an Open or Save dialog wider to see long filenames, Default Folder X will automatically set columns to that width the next time you use that dialog, saving you the aggravation of resizing columns every time you open or save a file. This free update also resolves compatibility issues with Kodak Preps, Web Confidential, Parallels Desktop, Quark Xpress, and moving back and forth between Intel- and PowerPC-based Macintoshes. [Download - 8.4MB]
- DragThing 5.9.3 ($30) alternative dock application. It allows multiple docks, each customized to
suit your exact needs. DragThing 5.9.3 works around a number of bugs that were introduced in Mac OS X 10.5.3. Specifically, there were some problems that stopped dock windows from coming to the front in a reliable fashion. In order to fix this, the Desktop Trash will no longer appear in all Spaces by default. If you use Spaces and want the Desktop Trash appearing in all of them, set DragThing to appear in all Spaces in the "Exposé & Spaces" section of System Preferences. [Download - 8.1MB]
Digital Foci framer
In brief: We have posted a review of Incipio Leather iPod and camera cases, Digital Foci offers Custom Framer Program, Robosoft to develop for 3G iPhone, HTML snippets set for Typinator debuts ... We have posted a review of Incipio Leather iPod and camera cases. The camera case, unlike most portable camera cases, has no frills, fuss or pockets. It is simply a hard leather box with a fold-over lid. The case clips onto your belt or pocket with an attached black hard plastic clip. The top flap secures with a magnet. This is a quick shot solution, i.e. the camera is always at your fingertips to whip out with one top flip and pull. The case does have a cut out on top through which you can thread the strap, but I never used it because it adds another step to camera removal. When out on a shoot, I often carry more than one camera and it’s convenient to attach one securely to my belt.
- Scorecard 1.3 ($30) golf scorecard and statistics application for Mac OS X. Offers comprehensive statistics, helping users discover trends and explore aspects of their gameplay that might otherwise go unnoticed. Scorecard 1.3 gives golfers further insight into their problems areas with the new Best vs Worst statistics. Best vs Worst presents a comparison of key performance indicators which allow the golfer to quickly and easily see what part of their game went wrong when they didn't perform well. They can then focus on improving that portion of their game to improve their overall game play. [Download - 1.2MB]
- Keyboard Maestro 3.1 ($20) set of macros through which you can control applications, windows, or menus; insert text; open documents, applications or URLs; execute scripts and more. The Program Switcher lets you cycle through applications or windows, closing, hiding, launching, and performing other functions. This release adds many new clipboard features including persistent clipboard history via the new Clipboard History Switcher (command-control-shift-V by default), actions to set or save the clipboard, actions to filter the clipboard to apply BBEdit Text Factories to the clipboard, and support for moving and resizing and keeping open the various Clipboard Switchers. [Download - 5.6MB]
- DiscLabel 5.2.2 ($36) CD/DVD label design software for Mac OS X. It can import track lists from iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD, Finder, and Toast; import images from iTunes, iPhoto, iDVD and Finder; multiple layers, drawing tools and gradients for creating custom
designs; use more than 1300 clip art files via the DiscLabel Clip Art Browser and more. The update features various bug fixes. [Download - 12.6MB]
- fennel DVDManager 1.7.5 (53) (free) supports the latest version of Amazon Web Services to help you manage the workflow of your DVD library. This new version brings a clean, modernized new look to better match Leopard's theme, and includes support for the iTunes-like ranking mechanism. Compatible with Tiger and Leopard, it is available in 12 localizations, and features a software update mechanism so that you always use the latest version. [Download - [1.9 MB]
- License Keeper 1.4 ($20) stores and organizes important software license information, helping to prevent the loss of valuable software assets and making it accessible when needed most. Automatic serial number scanning and software information detection greatly reduces cumbersome data entry. Attachments keep related email and documents safely archived along with license and registration records. The new release will import registration data from spreadsheet compatible text files in the common Tab Delimited and Comma Separated formats. [Download - 1.8MB]
Slideshow Magic 5
Koingo Software has officially unveiled Slideshow Magic 5, a new version of the company's presentation tool that offers numerous enhancements and bug fixes. These include the ability to rotate frames, a completely revamped interface, and more advanced slide titling options. The tool now allows users to add an audio track to the entire slideshows, or add smaller audio clips for each segment and include transitions with varying durations between slides, and even insert customizable titles
- Mactracker 5.0.2 (donationware) database of Mac models. The latest Apple hardware has been added along with numerous improvements to the "My Models" category in the main window. New specification entries include "Brightness" and "DPI" information (where available) for the built-in display on MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models. The maximum supported resolution for an external display is now detailed for Mac mini, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and PowerBook G3/G4 models. This release also fixes an issue with creating new Smart Categories. [Download - 20.8MB]
- Graph Paper Maker 1.9 ($20) lets you create your own custom sheets of graph paper. It is ideal for students, teachers, engineers, scientists, researchers, businessmen, and others who need to create specialized sheets of graph paper.
The latest release of Graph Paper Maker adds options to create custom sheets of engineering and lined paper. [Download - 1.4MB]
- Bookmaker 2.2 book publishing system. The new release has 10 Upgraded Book Styles, with over 400 page layouts in total to choose from. Now available for ordering are: Professional Glossy Book Jackets; Deluxe Size PhotoBooks, 15" x 11.5" and imported Leather Covers (custom-made, stitched and padded covers for picture window PhotoBooks) [Download - 9.4MB]
- Default Folder X 4.0.4 ($35) makes it easier for you to manage files by adding features and correcting flaws in the file dialogs of all Mac OS X applications. This release delivers compatibility fixes for Carbon applications, resolving issues that have been reported with FileBuddy, the Microsoft Office 2008 Suite, and Adobe CS3. It also corrects problems with accented characters in the Spotlight comment dialogs that it adds to Open and Save dialogs, and fixes several interface bugs and display problems. [Download - 8.4MB]
- MacTuneUp ($30) discovers and fixes problems, restores hard disk space, creates bootable disk backups, and maximizes Internet and network connections to squeeze the best performance from your Mac. The new release includes greatly improved Leopard compatibility, the ability to redesign the dock, and the support of three languages: English, French and German. Current users can update MacTuneUp by selecting "Update..." in the MacTuneUp menu, or by visiting. [Download - purchase]
The TeamViewer remote maintenance software, which until now has only been available for Windows PCs, is now available as a beta for Mac OS X. The new version runs from Mac OS X 10.4 and offers cross-platform support. This means that not only other Macs, but also Windows systems can be remotely controlled. Following the establishment of a connection to the remote computer by means of a Partner ID, changes and maintenance work can be carried out or programs can be installed and executed. Unlike the final version, TeamViewer for Mac is not yet equipped with the function for transferring files between computers. The so-called customer module from the Windows version, which allows spontaneous support without installation on the remote controlled computer, has also not yet been implemented. The developer says these features will probably appear at the end of April.
CrushFTP.com has released the latest version of its file transfer utility, CrushFTP 4.7. The update adds additional hacking protection, expanded CrushSQL abilities, a new PostBack plugin for integrating better with existing business needs, specific user based controls, and enhanced custom reporting abilities. The uploading from the WebInterface has been improved to handle multiple batches of files, each with its own custom form information with the batches details.
MultiClutch gesture app
Developer Will Henderson recently unveiled a beta of MultiClutch
Mylo Labs developer forum
Sony today launched the Mylo COM-2 developer community, a website for Mylo developers to meet and learn about creating widgets for the communications device. The Mylo COM-2, announced January 6th, allows users to communicate over various social networks, such as Facebook and YouTube, and is customizable through the use of official and user-created "widgets". The service will give users a place to meet other widget developers, as well as upload and discuss their own projects.
Smart Scroll for Leopard
Developer Marc Moini today unveiled Smart Scroll 2.7.5, an update to his scrollbar customization utility, adding full support for Mac OS X 10.5.2 Leopard. The update also adds the Super Scroll setting, which makes scrolling faster, smoother, and features an iPhone-like reverse scroll method. A new Grab Scroll tool allows the user to grab a window and toss it in any direction. Smart Scroll 2.7.5 is available from Marc Moini's website, selling for $20.
New, custom MacBook skins
iToppers.com has launched a redesigned website featuring new original graphic skins for iBooks, MacBooks, and MacBook Pros. The revised site also allows visitors to order a custom skin with personally-chosen graphics. "Now you can add even more style to the best looking portable computer out there with iToppers graphic skins for your Apple MacBook and iBook," the website reads. "Easy to install, [they] protect your MacBook or iBook from scratches." Customized iToppers are priced at $40 for the 17-inch MacBook Pro, $35 for the 12-inch iBook, and $37 for the 14-inch iBook. Premade iTopper skins are priced individually, with most ranging between $17-20.
iToner 1.0.6 adds formats
Ambrosia Software today unveiled iToner 1.0.6, an update to its custom iPhone ringtone software, adding support for various sound formats, language localizations, and intelligent audio processing. iToner can now use MP3-, MP4-, WAV-, and AIFF-formatted files to create ringtones, and is localized for French, German, and Italian customers. Ambrosia is seling iToner 1.0.6 through its website for $15, while a 30-day demo is also available.
Dell, Ubuntu in Canada
Dell today announced to its Canadian and Latin America customers that the Inspiron 1525n now has the option of shipping with Ubuntu Linux 7.1, as well as with the Canadian models of the XPS M1330n and Inspiron 530 – the latter two will ship throughout Latin America soon. Like the previously announced US, UK, Spanish and German models, the computers will feature DVD playback capability. Support options are available starting at $65 for 30 days, all the way to $275 for 1 year of standard support from Canonical.
Barcode Producer 4.7
Intelli Innovations today unveiled Barcode Producer 4.7, an update to its barcode generation suite, adding a number of different improvements. International Standard Music Numbers, or ISMN, barcodes have been improved, allowing users to output these barcodes in EPS, TIFF, and PDF formats. Users can also customize the ISBN's human readable equivalent above the bars. New users can purchase Barcode Producer 4.7 for $150, with a downloadable demo also available.
iPhone 1.1.3 jailbreak
iPhone users who have upgraded to firmware version 1.1.3 now have a viable jailbreak option with iJailbreak 0.5.1, an update to iJailbreak 0.5 that was released this morning. This iPhone-only jailbreak allows users to open up an iPhone with v1.1.3 installed in order to implement custom applications and services. The jailbreak requires users to implement bootloader 4.6, and will not function with any other version.
Apple photo books: AU, NZ
Apple has begun offering customers in Australia as well as New Zealand the ability to create hardcover photo books, glossy calendars, professional cards, and prints from custom photo libraries. The final products are delivered directly to each customer's door, according to Apple. Picture books are priced from A$40, while Calendars and Postcards start at A$27 and A$2, respectively. Greeting Cards are available from A$2.70, and prints start at A$0.30 each.
Mercury Mover 1.1 update
Helium Foot Software today unveiled MercuryMover 1.1, an update to its keyboard-based window modification software, bringing with it customizable hot keys, and several other new features. Users can now move and resize windows using configurable hot keys, which can be set to move windows in increments of 10 or 100 pixels. New users can purchase MercuryMover 1.1 for $25, which is available from Helium Foot Software's website.