Specific clip can be selected for constant repaste
Multiple-clipboard software CopyPaste Pro has been updated to version 3.0. The software, from Plum Amazing, allows users to have multiple clipboard options, including a history and a permanent archive of clippings. Version 3.0 adds a new clip format and a search feature for both the history and archives. An old feature, called Clip Revolver, is back in v3.0, which allows the user an option to paste over the most recent clipboard.
GarageSale 5.1 ($15) allows users to create eBay auctions from their desktop. Users can choose from over 140 free listing designs and then add in any details and upload up to 10 images per auction free of charge to the GarageSale Image Service. The update has added new support for fixed price listing durations, eBay's return policies and importing items from Delicious Library 2 along with other improvements. [Download - 22.9MB]
Corkboard 1.0 beta release
A new Texas-based developer says he has found a way to build a better mousetrap, with an application that soups up the traditional clipboard. The clipboard is a staple of the Mac OS and a place to put stuff you want to copy or paste, but the new utility brings new functions: Ayluro Corkboard 1.0 runs alongside a user’s clipboard, providing additional tools to expand storage, organize data and retrieve items. Perhaps the handiest feature: it can be used to store copies of everything in the clipboard. So, for example, if a user were to store a block of text it wouldn’t be lost if the writer accidentally copies something else to the clipboard.
- Totus Copy 1.0 utility for transferring data off of a failing hard drive. OS X has a number of safety features built into it's copy functions, if it detects an I/O error or a stalled read the transfer will fail. OS X also gets file information for all files before it even copies the first one. While these are great functions to prevent further damage to a hard drive it makes it very difficult to transfer data. Totus Copy will scan a failing hard drive and recover the files from it onto a separate functional hard drive. It does this by using a very gentle non-intrusive scanning method. [Download - 224KB]
- BlogAssist 2.2 ($10) tool to help weblog and website editing by making HTML markup easier. BlogAssist adds a small menu to the right-hand side of the menubar in all applications. You can simply select and copy some text into the clipboard, choose a suitable operation from the menu, then paste the result in the desired location. The text will have been transformed like magic. For example, copying hey and choosing Bold will result in hey - the HTML tags for boldface text, wrapped around the original text. [Download - 2.1MB]
- Tablatures 1.7 (39 EUR) Mac OS X editor for PowerTab tablatures. PowerTab is a well-known and widely adopted tablature editor for Windows systems and thousands of transcriptions in this format are available on the net. The tool can export tablatures in MIDI format for playback or use in other applications (for instance, GarageBand). Version 1.7 adds a couple of configuration options requested by users. [Download - 2MB]
- Domainer 1.7 ($40) an application for web site owners, marketers and investors track and manage their domain names. RAGE Domainer allows web site owners to centralize domain details, as well as those of their competitors, with one easy tuse application. Domainer also provides an overview of a domain's value through various popularity measures including Google PageRank, AlexaRank, incoming back links, and social tags. This free update adds more powerful smart folders and the ability to see name servers within the domain details view. [Download - 9.8MB]
- MMScript 1.1 ($35) a plug-in for FileMaker Pro. This plug-in allows you to create Script Events that call FileMaker Pro Scripts in your Database. The plug-in also allows you to call a script when the user has been idle for any specified amount of time. New to version 1.1 is the ability to do shell scripting as well as many underlying enhancements and bug fixes. The new release also has updated core plug-in code to include all changes/enhancements from other CNS Plug-ins. [Download - form]
Chronos today debuted iClipboard 1.0, its new clipboard manager for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard users. iClipboard is designed to maintain a complete history of all copy functions, so that users aren't limited to one choice when pasting. While a limitless history would be cumbersome for some users, the app includes settings that change according to a user's needs, such as limiting the list to quantity or time period. iClipboard is only available to users of Leopard, and while the software normally sells for $30, Chronos is offering an introductory special of $10 off the purchase price.