Pocket-sized activity tracker first to track heart rate
Withings released its activity tracker into the American market yesterday, aimed at the large market of joggers and runners throughout the country. The Withings Pulse is designed to be readily available while remaining unobtrusive in size. With a full functioning OLED touch surface, users can navigate their 14-day data history that includes tracking of steps taken, distance covered, elevation, calories burned, and quality of sleep. Withings Pulse is unique in respects to other activity trackers for its ability to not only automatically detect running, but can measure heart rate with its on-board heart rate sensor. The device can hold a charge up to two weeks, and is charged by USB port or power supply unit.
Sensor under rear clip can measure rate of pulse
Withings is attempting to enter the activity tracking market by releasing its own fitness tracker. The Withings Pulse, a rebranded version of a device shown at CES earlier this year, is a clip-on pedometer with similar features to the Jawbone Up, Nike Fuelband, and the Fitbit range of trackers, though it is able to measure a heart rate when the wearer touches the unit's back.
iOS app allows for weight recording, other data collection
Accessory manufacturer and designer Withings has announced the availability of its Internet-enabled baby and toddler scale, the Withings Smart Kid Scale. The Smart Kid Scale has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, which allows for the instant transfer of data measured by the scale to be sent directly to the Withings Baby Companion application. The scale and app combo provides parents a simple and accurate way to monitor, understand and share a child’s growth using the Internet.
Wireless Scales can tweet user weight
Withings today announced the US availability of its next generation of Internet-connected bathroom scale. The Wireless Scale WS-30 brings Bluetooth Smart technology and Wi-Fi capability to the bathroom, allowing users to wirelessly beam vital information without having to connect to a computer directly. The Wireless Scale also includes on-screen visuals that will help users correctly position themselves for accurate weighing.
When Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Cover first came out, it caused something of a minor stir in the iPad world. It was the very firs ...Akitio Thunder dock
Akitio has expanded its line of Thunderbolt accessories with its new Thunder dock. With eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt p ...Pioneer AppRadio 3 with CD/DVD
Lots of cars come with robust stereo systems full of evolving technologies to give people the convenience of a smartphone on their das ...
10 Most Discussed
- New suit says Apple Store POS devices discriminate against blind - 30 replies
- Mt. Gox admits Bitcoin loss in hack, files for bankruptcy in Japan - 23 replies
- Apple CEO Tim Cook refutes investor call for 'profits above all' - 19 replies
- Apple handling 40B iMessages, 15-20M FaceTime calls daily - 13 replies
- Apple debuts special page for iOS 7.1 release - 11 replies
- Architect of Apple Campus 2 reveals Jobs' influence - 10 replies
- Report: Apple dodged taxes on $8.9B in Australian profits - 9 replies
- Neil Young-backed PonoPlayer hits target within 24 hours - 9 replies
- Office for Mac to get new version this year, says Microsoft exec - 9 replies
- Bitcoin-stealing trojan makes jump to popular Mac apps - 8 replies