iPhone poker with 300K
Real Dice has announced Multiplayer Championship Poker for the iPhone and iPod touch. The Texas Hold'em game features live multiplayer games, with options such as ring games, sit-n-go tournaments and multi-table events. The game is not indigenous to the iPhone, and players from other platforms with the game can play against one another; a user on an iPhone can play against a Blackberry, Facebook or Windows user. In addition, over 200 artificially intelligent players are built into the game. Multiplayer Championship Poker is available on the iTunes App Store for $10.
BaKno's Kasino 2.0
BaKno has announced Kasino 2.0, a cards simulation game that now features online gaming. Kasino 2.0 features Texas Hold 'em poker, with plans to add Black Jack and Caribbean Poker in a later version. Kasino 2.0 pits the user against nine of 500 different simulated players in offline mode, but the big feature of the 2.0 release is the online community play. It works online with both Mac and Windows users for the broadest spectrum of players. BaKno offers a full-featured demo on its website. The Universal Binary software runs on Mac OS X 10.2 and higher and is available for $20. A promotional two-seat license is currently available for $30.
Eschalon, Imaginary Poker
Basilisk Games recently unveiled the Macintosh version of Eschalon: Book One, while Candywriter released Imaginary Poker 3. Eschalon: Book One puts players in the shoes of a hero who must uncover the mystery of who, or what, they are, while they crawl through dungeons and massive outdoor environments. Eschalon has a focus on a single player storyline, with turn-based combat. Eschalon: Book 1 is currently available from Basilisk Games' website for $30 as an electronic download, and $40 for a CD version with an included download.
For all of the high-priced, over-engineered Bluetooth speakers in the electronics market, there is still room for mass-market solution ...VisionTek 128GB USB Pocket SSD
USB flash drives dealt the death blow to both the floppy and Zip drives. While still faster than either of the old removable media, sp ...Kodak PixPro SL10 Smart Lens Camera
Smartphone imagery still widely varies. Large Megapixel counts don't make for a good image, and the optics in some devices are lackin ...
10 Most Discussed
- Breaking: US reverses, to say North Korea behind Sony hack tomorrow - 17 replies
- DiskWarrior 5 debuts, offers full 64-bit support, flash drive option - 9 replies
- Sony ignored security evaluation before GOP hack, more data coming - 9 replies
- German Chancellor speaks out against net neutrality, wants fast lanes - 8 replies
- Apple's Cook, Williams 'deeply offended' by BBC supply chain expose - 8 replies
- Jackson meets with Cook on diversity in the tech industry - 8 replies
- FCC overrules carriers, defines 'broadband' as 10Mbps minimum - 7 replies
- Review: Apple iMac with 5K Retina display - 7 replies
- Tim Cook selected as finalist for 2014 Time Person of the Year - 6 replies
- Apple, Amazon refuse to disclose federal diversity data - 6 replies