updated 01:20 pm EST, Thu March 1, 2001
Media 100 announced "the first" fully-automated stream publishing system for capturing, encoding and managing digital audio content. audio:box can convert audio assets from audio CD, CD-ROM or DVD-ROM to any streaming media format, including MP3, Windows Media, RealAudio, QuickTime and .WAV using Cleaner 5 software.
The system, described as "a fully-automated turnkey encoding service [that] can capture, convert and publish audio tracks from up to CDs in multiple formats in a fully-automated rack-mounted system." audio:box offers:
- XML and ODBC-compliant database-driven content management system,
- unattended automatic conversion of audio CDs, flexible storage options with support for terrabytes of storage and RAID options,
- import of 3rd party metadata and DRM rules
- Web-based remote monitoring
- TCP/IP connectivity with on-board Gigabit Ethernet and optional support for Fibre Channel connectivity.
[pricing was not available; site not updated]