updated 02:35 am EST, Wed February 28, 2001
Apple's Tech Info Library has several interesting articles on iTunes, Disc Burner and iDVD software. We have a rundown of recent TILs...
Here is an annotated list of recently updated articles:
- iTunes 1.1 corrects a problem where v1.0 will not open when Speakable Items is turned on and one where v1.0 extension will not load if SoundJam Extension system extension is enabled.
- Removing the CD Master plugins from the Authoring Support Files folder in the Extensions folder will improve compatibility with third-party drives; however, "USB Authoring Support" and "FireWire Authoring Support" extensions installed by iTunes v1.1 may cause problems when burning discs to third-party machines.
- iDVD cannot import MPEG 1 video, even though QuickTime can import it and the help files indicate otherwise.
- Creating CDs and Choosing Formats explains how to create a CD using a CD-R or CD-RW and which disc format may be most appropriate.
- iTunes cannot install from a software install disc.
- A FAQ on iDVD 1.0 answers some basic quesions and details some differences between iDVD and DVD Studio Pro.
- Disc Burner 1.0 records in single session-mode only: "[it] will not rewrite to a CD-RW disc without first reformatting the disc." It can not create start-up discs.
- Disc Burner 1.0 installs Finder 9.1.1, which may cause problems if you use the Software Restore CD to "Restore in Place."