updated 11:55 am EST, Mon February 12, 2001
PopTop Software and Gathering of Developers have released information on the structure types in Tropico, the upcoming building/strategy game featuring the player as a Caribbean dictator managing a small tropical island.
- Residential -- Housing provides shelter for the population and ensures citizens' happiness.
- Industrial -- Factories employ workers, emit pollution and produce resources for local use and trade.
- Agricultural -- Farms employ workers and produce food to keep the populace healthy and well fed.
- Mining -- Mines employ workers and provide resources for local use and trade.
- Tourism -- Resort hotels and spas boost the economy with tourists? money.
- Governmental -- Government buildings express the authority of the dictator.
- Trade -- Ports, airports and roadways allow trade and communication with the outside world.