updated 09:35 am EST, Fri October 31, 2003
- Carracho Communications has released an update to its client/server community server solution: ]
- ProjectLocker is a service for software that seeks to eliminate the administrative burden of maintaining project infrastructure. It offers both source control (via secure CVS system) and Web-based bug tracking as well as tools for project managers, including sophisticated querying and reporting. Pricing is $20 per month per user.
- JAlbum 4.0 is a free Java-based utility that will create a Web gallery. It offers slideshows, scaling, new window, hierarchy folder generation, flexible HTML themes, and other options. It supports jpeg, gif and png image files and popular movie formats like .avi, .mpg and .wmv files. [2.7MB]
- A new small application corrects a problem with Ulysses running under Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. Ulysses is a €100 Mac OS X text editor aimed directly at creative writers. With its innovative "tabbed" single-window interface, featuring integrated notepads, a documents browser, advanced search/filter capabilities and multi-document previews, etc. [59KB]
- Mitz Pettel today released the freeware Hebrew Spelling Service for Mac OS X, which adds a Hebrew dictionary to Mac OS X's built-in spell checker. Once installed, the Hebrew dictionary can be selected and used in any application that has a standard Spelling submenu in its Edit menu, such as TextEdit, Mail or Mellel. [448KB]
- Finder Window Manager 1.6 is a $10 application for managing Mac OS X Finder windows, allowing you to create Window Sets to remember the size, placement, and several view options for open windows. It supports Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, options to hide the new Finder window toolbars when stacking or tiling windows, the ability to turn off tool tips, and other enhancements. [752KB]