updated 10:25 am EDT, Mon October 13, 2003
- Glendower Software's ]
- Niemeijer Consult's SwitchXS 1.1 provides access to Mac OS X and other applications for people who can only use one or more switches. Version 1.1 supports multiple switches with user-configurable scanning methods, auto-stepping and auto-selecting single switch scanning methods, automatic menu scanning, and improved responsiveness and scanning accuracy. [768KB]
- Vincenzo Corallo has released VirtualKeyboard X 2.1, a new version of his $10 shareware on-screen-keyboard compatible with the Mac OS X. It offers point-and-click typing using pointing devices such as a head mouse, mouse, trackball, etc: "This program is designed primarily for disabled person but it can be used also to teach the children to write, to prepare kiosk environments, etc." [site not responding]
- FinLease is an advanced lease calculator that enables you to set up and calculate complex leases quickly and easily. It offers options for deferred payments, support for different compounding frequencies (ranging from annually to daily), installment options, "points", and other functions. It is $50 shareware for Mac OS X. [1.1MB]
- GameRanger 3.4, the online gaming service for Mac users, adds voice communication for Premium members (under Mac OS X only), priority listing for games hosted by premium members, recognition of sound input devices, support for Flash and JPEG banners, name filtering by plugins, and improved options for each game host. [183KB]
- Caphyon's Advanced Web Ranking 2.1 features importing/exporting keywords and URLs, sending reports to an email address, access through a proxy server with authentication, and more. The $50 Java tool helps check your web site position (along with others) on all major search engines. [4.0MB]
- Term's Little Helper 1.2 can access information about disks, network, processes, logs, system and translate obscure BSD error messages into clear understandable text. It provides an alternative to some of the "confusing" terminal commands. The $8 shareware runs on Mac OS X (including Panther).