updated 01:10 pm EDT, Tue October 7, 2003
- FileMaker has posted FileMaker Server 5.5r4, an update to the database server application for Mac OS X; it fixes an issue that could cause FileMaker Server to improperly close a file at shutdown; correctly handles non-Western filenames in the open/save dialog; and other fixes. [1.7MB]
- Chaotic Software has released MP3 Rage 5.8, its popular MP3 tag editor application. Version 5.8 offers an improved 'Tag Data Mover', support for changing BMP, options to clean up field names, more ID3 tag support, and other enhancements. It is a free update to v5.x owners; full licenses are $25. [2.0MB]
- MAKI Enterprise has released an update to its $30 parental control program Kids GoGoGo 7.8.0; it now suports the surveillance "Screen log" that records movements on the screen to an MPEG-4 QuickTime file when running under Mac OS X. It also better supports Safari and has an improved dictionary. [Classic, OSX]
- Lismore Software has updated its Blue Label 1.8 emulation application that can run, Windows 95/98/NT, Linux and DOS programs. The update offers improved stability running PC applications and better printer support (including USB and network printers). The Mac OS 8/9 application is $35 with a 50% discount on the future Mac OS X compatible version.
- Page Sender 3.1.1 updates Smile Software's fax software for Mac OS X with improvements and bug fixes related to the modem in use check, manual send, cover pages, and preferences. Page Sender 3.0, available as a 30-day free demo, is $30 and available for Mac OS X. [2.9MB]
- disclabel 1.2 updates the CD labeling software with import of iTunes album art, import of track lists from comma-separated files, and the addition of a Script menu. disclabel 1.2 supports templates, a wide variety of paper types/sizes, and is available in English, Japanese, German, Italian, and French. It is $30 and requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later. [3.2MB]