updated 09:35 am EDT, Thu October 2, 2003
- Apple's Emagic division has released ]
- Edwin Buehler's Wine XT 1.5 is a $50 wine cellar management application for Mac OS X 10.2 in which users can note sight, smell, taste and the quality of a wine as well as manage the wine cellar racks and reviews used. It adds an alternate wine editor, more info columns, and a purchasing report. [8.9MB]
- DataCrux b1 is a high-level, open source Cocoa/Objective-C framework that provides Mac OS X developers with an easy way to store application data in an embedded SQL database: "No SQL server process runs on the machine -- everything is entirely contained within the framework." It is available under a BSD-style open source license. [652KB]
- dSoft has released AdAgentPlus 4.0, an update to its integrated system for advertising agencies or any business that needs to create, track and manage jobs. AdAgentPlus performs job costing, estimating, tracking and billing. Pricing now starts at $350 with both single and cross-platform multi-user network versions are available as well as an optional module for double-entry accounting.
- SofaKing 1.0 is a new program which "helps users find good shows on television. By automatically sharing listings with friends and family via a central server users can save time wasted 'surfing' and avoid missing shows they want to watch." [1.6MB]
- Studio Boss is a billing and project tracking application for Mac OS X. Studio Boss Lite (free) stores info about design projects, offers integrated backup/auto-save, and tracks client folders and documents, expenses, tasks and project archives. The $45 Deluxe version adds custom HTML invoices, custom PDF reports, Palm-based billing integration, and Excel export, while the $100 version offers FileMaker-based network connectivity. [13MB]