updated 09:05 pm EDT, Mon September 22, 2003
- Apple has also released as the Mac OS X 10.2.8 update released earlier today. In addition, it improves client login and authentication by addressing Directory Services authentication stalls and improving login when using the LDAPv3 plug-in.
- Version 1.3.1 of PostView ($22), the the advanced document and image viewer for Mac OS X, improves compatibility with StarOffice/OpenOffice Postscript files and encrypted PDF files. The $22 native Cocoa application uses the Embeddable Graphic Object System (EGOS) to provide advanced Postscript and PDF services. [715KB]
- Card Validator 3.5 for FileMaker Pro allows users to check the authenticity of credit card numbers with a single calculation. Version 3.5 includes additional error checking for invalid cards. The freeware is available for FileMaker Pro 5/6. [Download - 76KB]
- TaskCapture is a personal automated timekeeper for Mac OS X that offers the same automated timekeeping features of JobCapture, CaptureWork's enterprise timekeeping software, without the administration module. TaskCapture is available for 10 day trial, after which registration is $50. [Download - 4.3MB]
- shadowIP 2.03 ($8) is an update to the multiple IP monitoring utility that adds display support for the active user and is Mac OS X Server- and Panther-compatible. shadowClipboard 1.5 ($8) is a clipboard enhancer that updates the window mode with optional fade effects as well as the aqua mode and interface. [Download - sIP, sC]
- ClipMasterCM ($10) is a new Mac OS X software for for easy access to multiple clippings, allowing users to save the current clipboard content for later pasting and organize other snippets of information. [Download - 139KB]
- Ranchero's NetNewsWire 1.05 is a $40 RSS Web newsreader for Mac OS X. Version 1.0.5 fixes several bugs and improves the RSS parser to handle some feeds it couldn't read before. [Download - 3.0MB]