updated 01:45 pm EDT, Wed September 17, 2003
- Microsoft today released for its line of keyboard and optical mice, according to readers; however, the details on the updates were not available.
- Maxprog's eMail Bounce Handler 1.3 is a $20 bounce e-mail filtering and handling tool that recognizes bounce e-mails from multiple POP accounts using a customizable set of rules and extracts the recipients addresses allowing you to use them again to try sending your mail or to take them off your list. [Classic, OSX]
- IntelliPrompter 1.1 adds reverse directional prompting, a revised speed control system, background teleprompting, automatic full screen positioning, and other features to its teleprompting application. It is available in Personal ($80), Presenter ($400), and Pro ($700) editions--the latter two are bundled with a remote control. [Classic, OSX]
- ergonis software today announced PopChar X 2.1.1, its $30 Mac OS X tool for "typing unusual unusual characters without having to remember their keyboard combinations." The maintenance update fixes some minor issues, is smaller and faster, and offers Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" compatibility. [1.5MB]
- Michael Tsai's spam filtering application, SpamSieve 2.01, improves speed and reliability as well as fixes a few bugs. The $25 application brings Bayesian spam filtering to popular e-mail clients. It marks messages as junk within each application and works any number of mail accounts and integrates with Mac OS X's Address Book. [2.0MB]
- ImageIP's free Quick-Snap Movie Tool 2.4 for Mac OS X can save frames from any QuickTime movie file or convert any image to JPEG format with a single click. The $15 Pro version additionally offers image size and compression adjustments and either bi-linear, pyramid, or Bicubic compression types. [166KB]