updated 01:45 pm EDT, Wed September 10, 2003
- Blue World has released its Lasso Connector for Apache 2, which allows Lasso 5/6/7 to support Apache 2 on Mac OS X and Windows. The free Lasso Connector for Apache 2 directly supports various Apache 2 binary distributions, including the built-in Apache 2 in Mac OS X Server 10.2.x, Complete Apache 2 for Mac and Windows and more. [51KB]
- Architosh reports on the release of a Palm-based CAD application with support for Mac OS X: "ZipCAD is powerful enough to load existing DXF drawings for field verification as well as the creation of CAD files in the field on the Palm OS device. Drawings can be imported or exported to and from the desktop or workstation on both Windows and Mac OS X--via the DXF file format."
- David Ahmed has added two tracks to Meditation Music v5, his $10 application designed for "a fun journey into sound and virtual music." Based on Indian Ragas, it uses sound samples from popular Indian musical instruments (flute, sitar, santoor, violin, guitar and tabla) along with images to produce an individual musical experience. [9.6MB]
- Liquid Ledger 1.2 ($45) is an update to the modern, personal finance solution for Mac OS X. The new release improves support for international date and number formats, has printing improvements, and makes entering financial activity even easier.
- garageCUBE's freeware Miraton 2.0 is designed to play and compose music live for Mac OS X: "It is programmed to import sound files (.wav, .aiff, .mp3, .snd, .mov, any format supported by quicktime), to conceive music in a studio or in live improvisations." [1.1MB]
- Videodsec 1.2 ($30) is a full-featured multimedia presentation tool that has been updated with loop features, network distribution functions, and enhanced full screen playback. The Pro ($50) version offers custom backgrounds, internet links, copyright text, and 3D-transitions, and more flexible menu options. The Pro Hybrid version also offers cross-platform presentation generation. [8.1MB]