updated 11:05 am EDT, Wed September 10, 2003
- MacOSGuru has released ]
- Version 5.9.5 of "A Better Finder Rename" adds the ability to convert long Mac OS X file names to their short Mac OS 9 equivalents. It also features a number of other minor improvements and bug fixes. The $15 shareware contextual menu plugin allows users to quickly rename multiple files. [Classic, OSX]
- Calillona 1.4 is a Sherlock plugin for searching Amazon's catalog. Version 1.4 adds a German localization, offers publisher information for the book category, and has improved logic to remember the last Amazon catalog used when starting Sherlock. [subscribe]
- Hi-Voltage has released revised pricing and licensing for UpdateGenie, its unique FileMaker development tool that allows developers to create and distribute update packages. The company is offering Runtime licenses, Single-platform licenses, Cross-platform licenses, and also Unlimited licenses starting at $60.
- The $10 shareware Netflix Fanatic 1.1 allows users to manage their Netflix queue from Mac OS X's desktop, including drag and drop management, queue shuffling, and other functions. Version 1.1 adds search functions, improves performance, offer better feedback, and other changes. [408KB]
- Grabby Window 2.2 is a window management utility that offers a floating palette to quickly track, organize, and preview files as well as open application windows. The $36 shareware offers search functions, access to commonly used files, and file info display. [3.7MB]
- AWS Guitar Tuner 1.2 is an update to the freeware Mac OS X program for musicians, exclusive to Mac OS X. The update adds support for eight common alternative tunings including Open G, Open D, Open A, Open E, E Minor, Drop D, Double Drop D, and Halfstep Down. [615KB]