updated 07:20 pm EDT, Thu September 4, 2003
- Monkeybread Software has Released ]
- SimCity 4 v1.0.1 addresses some video-related issues with the game. All users are advised to install the update. The updated fixes a problem related to custom resolutions, enhances compatibility with various ATI cards, fixed a display problem which caused a black screen (no video), and addresses a failure to save cities when user's Documents folder was on a different partition. [Download - 4.7MB]
- Sarwat Khan has today released three new programming tools for Python programmers: userdefaults, plistservices, and CFPython. userdefaults can store and retrieve persistent user preferences using Mac OS X's CFPreferences API; plistservices can read and write Mac OS X XML property list data; and CFPython is a C library for the Python C API and CoreFoundation.
- The Omni Group released version 2.2.4 of OmniOutliner, its outlining and organizational tool. The new version provides localization updates recommended for French users. [Download - 1.6MB]
- Herodotus is a Web browser history search application. It allows you to search the history file of many popular Mac web browsers. Supported browsers include: Safari, Internet Explorer, OmniWeb, Netscape / Mozilla, Camino, and Opera. [Download - 835KB]
- QuickTime Effects 1.2 ($10) allows users of various video editing suites to apply a number of effects to their work. Effects include mixer, motion blur, aspect ratio conversions, and flip. [Download - 537KB]
- Easy Barcode Creator 1.5 is a major upgrade to the $130 desktop barcode creation software that allows users to create ready-to-print barcode graphics in vector EPS format. Version 1.5 offers TIFF export, support for more barcode types, improved check digit calculation system, Mac OS X 10.3 support, and new easy access File/Save menu items. [Download - 1.0MB]