updated 06:00 am EDT, Tue September 2, 2003
- CGIScripter 1.48 ($50) Enterprise Edition speeds web application projects by automating the development of Perl CGI scripts which insert/update/query or delete records within MySQL or Oracle database servers. It offers automated Perl CGI script generation, supports web-based image processing, hard-coded forms for better security, and other features. [1.3MB]
- Black Cat Systems' iUnit 2.4 ($20) is an update to its measurement unit conversion program, adding about 400 additional conversions between units of measure for acceleration, area, distance, moment, pressure, and volume. iUnit converts between 1137 different units. [Classic, OSX]
- PandaWare 'De-PIFScript' is a free AppleScript that watches a user's download folder for files whose extension is ".pif" or ".scr", and moves such files to the trash: "Although Mac users are not susceptible to the programs these attachments run, they can quickly clutter one's download folder." [41KB]
- Page Sender 3.1 updates Smile Software's $30 fax software for Mac OS X with scheduled and deferred faxing, manual send, multiple local area code support, ten digit dialing, updated AppleScript support, and other features. [2.9MB]
- MediaBase 2.0 is a web-based digital asset management system that offers solutions for workflow automation and content management. It supports MediaMover for uploading and downloading files. New features include a redesigned interface and support for developing custom plugins with the MediaBase SDK.
- Xupport 1.3.5 ($20) provides a clean GUI to configure many Mac OS X options, that are not or hard to configure manually, and more. It includes several unix command to optimize and secure your Mac. The update adds a Finder quit command from the dock, adds a functions to Repair Disk Permissions, and improves password verification. [225KB]