updated 05:45 pm EDT, Wed August 27, 2003
- announced today that QuickToolKit Fast&Easy and Professional editions will be demonstrated at the FileMaker Developer Conference in Phoenix Arizona, together with a new series of Skins available to customize any FileMaker solution.
- Project24 has released an update to its popular Weather-Calendar software for the Mac. It offers up-to-date local weather information via Apple's iCal. The latest version offers improved usability and reliability.
- Apimac has released Address Book 5.4, the latest release of its telephone and address application, fully integrated with Internet and Mac OS X. New in this version is an Event alarm and a Recurrences window for Birthday and Anniversary days, which can be personalized at Preferences. Registration is $25. [Download - Classic, OS X]
- Badia FixUnknown XT is a patch for QuarkXPress 6.0 that solves the problem of "Unknown" file names when printing. PostScript files and documents sent to RIPs will now have the correct layout name. Users are advised to only install the patch if they are experiencing this problem. [Download - form]
- The imaginatively-titled “Freecell” is a Mac OS X version of the classic solitaire game. Freecell is a solitaire card game "in which almost any deal can be won," if the player has enough skill. The card table consists of four free cells (top left), four stacks (top right), and eight columns (bottom). The latest version offers localization support, and improved gameplay. [Download - 184KB]
- GrantSlam is the "original and most-widely" used software for preparing NIH grant applications. It automates the application process for all PHS-398 (including SBIR Phase 1 and Phase 2) and PHS-2590 forms. It was originally designed by a medical researcher, and will help users prepare NIH/PHS grant applications as easily and accurately as possible. Pricing starts at $415.