updated 01:20 am EDT, Tue August 26, 2003
- Trucker Software's ]
- Human Software has released AutoFocus 1.0, a new Photoshop plugin that offers an innovative DeBlur tool (to focus images slightly blurred), a powerful DeNoise tool (to remove grain or decrease noise), and an advanced Sharpener. The $70 plugin works in RGB and CYMK modes and runs on Mac OS 9/X under Photoshop 5.5 or later.
- NetNewsWire 1.04 ($40) updates the easy-to-use RSS Web newsreader for Mac OS X with Apple's Web Kit (Safari's HTML renderer), custom style sheets, displaying differences in updated items, performance boosts, TypePad weblog editing support, and support for gzip compression. [3.0MB]
- DVDxDV 1.06 ($25) adds the ability to view and extract all the video on a DVD without the need for any additional plug-ins or software: "You can now extract all of the video from a DVD with perfect audio sync from beginning to end." The video clips can be imported directly into iMovie, Final Cut Pro, or iDVD without any additional conversion. [211KB]
- SlashDock 2.3.6 ("donationware") is a dock-based Mac OS X application that fetches and updates headlines for the lastest postings on websites that offer an RSS/RDF feed. Updates are obtained automatically, if new articles are available, the dock icon will flash with an image representing the article 'topic'. [205KB]
- Norbyte's Downfall 2.1 ($15) adds a new board, offers a high-score reset function, and other improvements to the 3D arcade/puzzle gam: "Downfall takes the falling blocks genre one step further with its real-time 3D graphics and 25 uniquely designed implementations of the classic concept." [733KB]
- ABDialer 1.0b ($10) is a phone dialer for Mac OS X Address Book using any standard modem or mobile phone connected to the Macintosh and, optionally, can play touch-tones directly to the phone using the computer speaker. It offers a menu extra, a setup assistant, and support for international dialing. [1.2MB]