updated 01:45 pm EDT, Thu August 7, 2003
- DVDxDV 1.054, the $25 application which exports the audio/video from DVDs, is now available. The new version is G5-ready and provides better performance for dual processor systems. [1.1MB]
- Final Draft 6.06 is a free update to the professional screen writing software for film, television, and theater. The update fixes a few bugs. The full version is available for $200 [8.3MB]
- FontWizardXT 3.6 for Quark Xpress 6 (and Mac OS X), offers extended EPS export options, including font embedding, export of multipage documents, and partial page exports. It supports Type1, TrueType, OpenType and MultipleMaster fonts. It features Quark 6 compatibility and export styles (similar to print styles). It is €120 with upgrades starting at €40. [96KB]
- The $20 shareware FTP client, FTP Peel 1.0, offers keyboard shortcuts, advanced preferences, a toolbar, an iTunes-like filter/search box, integration with BBEdit/PageSpinner, AppleScript support, Magic Mirror for syncing files, an activity log, and recursive functions. [2MB]
- Calerga has updated SysQuake 2.5 (insights into scientific problems) and LyME 2.6 (for handhelds), which are now based on version 4.1 of the scientific programming language LME, offering a high degree of compatibility with Matlab. LME now supports integer numbers and arithmetic, and extended numerical differential equation solvers to handle discontinuities and hybrid systems.
- SQL4X Manager J 2.6 Preview offers graphical access any JDBC compliant database server. The new release includes an all new PHP and JSP code generator. It supports MS SQL Server 2000, MySQL, Oracle 7/8/9i, PostgreSQL, OpenBase and Sybase as well as basic support for IBM DB2, MS SQL Server 7, and PrimeBase. Pricing is $60 (Basic), $100 (Professional), or $150 (Enterprise).