updated 02:00 pm EDT, Mon August 4, 2003
- is a free movie player that provides numerous options for viewing, organizing, and exporting QuickTime-compatible movies. Version 1.1.1 adds an option to "float" movie windows and enhancements to several features, including playlists, searching, controls, and exporting. [1.5MB]
- Asiva Sharpen+Soften ($70) offers variable and precise control over how any effect is applied to an image, supporting Mac OS 9/X and 8- or 16-bit, RGB or CMYK files. Users can sharpen or soften one or more of channels and also select HSV components for sharpening or softening. A built-in Sampler Tool allows for the selection of a color range.
- Teacup Software has released Palette Manager 2.0 (PM), which allows users to lock palettes to document windows or page items, so that as users modify their work or move documents, the palettes follow along automatically. It offers both context-sensitive and non-context senstive palettes. It runs on Mac OS 9/X and is $70. [PM, WM]
- Chaotic Software has released WebTimer 2.0, an update to its application can be used to continually download a single URL from the internet--most useful in situations where you want to monitor "Web-Cams". The $10 shareware is now a native Mac OS X application (Cocoa) and includes a re-written User Guide. [545KB]
- EquinoX 4.01 is a shareware astronomy program that allows you to design your own constellations, modify the database, choose different colors, run your webcam and it can even control your telescope with voice commands. [Classic, OSX]
- Luc Regnault's More Clocks 3.1 offers multiple clock, multiple alarm, and multiple countdown timer functions. Alarms can be used with any clock and each clock also contains a perpetual calendar, and a time zones window list. It offers new contextual menus, display of up to 5 clocks, new alarm options, and a new calendar. [460KB]