updated 08:30 pm EDT, Wed July 30, 2003
- Jumsoft's MailHere 1.0 is a $6 shareware email notification utility for Mac OS X that can check multiple POP3, IMAP and .Mac accounts for new mail and displays a 3D world, @ sign or text animation on your desktop (or play a sound) whenever new mail is waiting. [4.1MB]
- Badia's ContactPage XT 1.5 for QuarkXPress 4/5/6 is a $70 cataloguing tool for creating picture contact sheets with user-defined captions. It offers support for QuarkXPress 6 and new options for fitting and positioning pictures, new user preferences, and expanded caption capability. Upgrades are $20.
- Soporific's freeware Ticker 2.0 downloads stock quotes and displays them in a list on the desktop. It tracks several stock details as well as offers the ability to enter shares to track portfolio values, floating windows for specific stocks, and a color-coded display. [103KB]
- Wings 3D 0.9810e is an open-source polygon mesh modeler inspired by Nendo from Izware, offering rudimentary support for assigning materials on a per-face basis and upcoming support for vertex colors. Models can be textured with a bundled experimental plug-in (AutoUV). [2.5MB]
- Creative Manager Pro 5.7 is a web-based project management and job tracking solution for creative firms. It supports CRM, document management, shared calendaring, accounting, contact management, artwork approval, and digital asset management. It now supports Safari and Mac OS X.
- Platypus 1.5 creates application wrappers around scripts, i.e. creating Mac OS X applications that execute a script they are bundled with. Scripts can be run transparently from the graphical window environment without using the command line interface. [204KB]
- Tinderbox 2.0 ($145) is utility to store your notes, thoughts and ideas. Version 2.0 offers performance improvements of 30%, a new Weblog assistant, integration with bloggers, an improved interface, and support for xHTML, CSS web design or RSS-based feeds. [3.7MB]
- The freeware MacPython 2.3 for Mac OS X contains a complete unix-Python plus a number of Mac-specific extras, including a PythonIDE (with an editor, debugger, class browser and more), a package manager, interfaces for Apple technologies (AppleScript, QuickTime, etc.), and a PythonLauncher program. [5.8MB]