updated 12:50 pm EDT, Wed July 30, 2003
- A beta version of the English edition of for Mac OS X will be complete in August. The developer will be seeking beta testers of the genealogy software in the near future. Those interested are asked to contact the company.
- xTime 1.1 is an update to the $100 time management software for Mac OS X that enables users to organize, track and manage projects. Version 1.1 features better support of languages, more than 50 new options, a better calendar, and bug fixes. [Download - 6.2MB]
- Salvage 1.3 is a tool for recovering digital camera pictures from corrupt media. Version 1.3 is a maintenance release that corrects a problem where the application would report fewer than the actual number of recoverable pictures in the unregistered version. [Download - 145KB]
- Andrew's (Vector) plug-ins Vol. 6 is a $12 collection of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator that offer includes a perspective guideline grid/path plug-in for "stunning 3D effects." The latest version ($5 upgrade) contains new grid features, swatch options, alignment settings and tutorials.
- ABGateway ($50) is a communications interface that enables Mac OS X users to read values from an Allen-Bradley PLC. ABGateway can access any data table in the memory of these PLCs. It is not designed to access the program files or edit the program files. [Download - 359KB]
- Ilan Szekely has released Type/Creator Database 2003.8 for Mac OS X, an update to the $20 utility for editing application type and creator codes. The August release has been rewritten for Mac OS X and is now based on the Panorama database tool. [Download - 4.2MB]
- Aladdin Systems has released Internet Cleanup 1.0 J, a Japanese version of the new Macintosh privacy tool that blocks banner ads, pop-ups, and detects the presence of 'spyware' on the computer. Internet Cleanup ($30) resolves privacy concerns by removing cookies, history files and Internet clutter that can be traced.
- PublicSpace has released version 3.1 of its "A Better Finder Attributes" Mac Finder enhancement. The new version allows the tool to be started using the Ctrl-Command-A hot key combination from within the Finder. The hot key is now also configurable via System Preferences. [Download - 1.3MB]
- Synk 4.1 is a backup, synchronization and archiving tool for the Mac. Version 4.1 includes exclusion support, localization support, and a German localization. Synk 4 is free for download and use, but donations are accepted. [Download - 366KB]