updated 08:45 am EDT, Thu July 10, 2003
- Waverly Edwards has released , a freeware debugging and performance tuning aid: "Designed as a tool to identify which code has been executed, which has not, how many times your lines of code have been executed. [It] also lets you know where you crashed and allows you to trace how you arrived at your crash point."
- YazSoft's Speed Download 2.0.2 updates the company's $20 download manager. SD2 now downloads all files incling ".dmg" from Safari and other browsers. It also offers faster performance, better FTP support, an option to logout after download completion, a new floating window UI, and custom post-processing based on file extension. [1.1MB]
- Fireflies 10.0.2 (FF) and CircleText 1.3 (CT) are OpenGL screen saver modules for Mac OS X. Both are free software (along with the source); FireFlies includes a new German (as well as Italian) localization, while CircleText offers a new German localization. [FF, CT]
- Export Artwork 2.3 is designed to extract artwork from the selected track's ID3 tag. It adds options for overwriting image files, an option to fetch album cover images for all tracks, better handling of filenames containing special characters, better logging, and other enhancements. The "donationware" requires iTunes 4 and Mac OS X. [129KB]
- Rogue Amoeba Software has updated three utilities: Detour 1.0.1 ($10), for rerouting audio signals, adds a Japanese Localization and improves compatibility with iChat AV and MS Office. The freeware audio selecting tool, SoundSource 1.01, solves problems with Apple's iSight; Audio Hijack Pro 1.2.4 ($30) fixes bugs in the comprehensive audio recording and enhancing application. [DT, SS, AHP]
- Weird Kid Software's Emailchemy 1.5.2 ($25) reads/converts email files from the proprietary formats of the most popular email applications under Mac OS X. It supports most major email programs and formats and now includes support for Netscape 3/4/5, fixes a "too many open files" error, fixes plain text export, and improves registration. [380KB]
- iOrganize 4.4.7 is designed to store and organize notes, ideas, text extracts and web links. It fixes bugs involving the undo command and the favorites drawer, remembers again the last selected note when quitting, and displays a confirmation dialog by default when deleting a note. The $20 shareware runs on Mac OS X. [986KB]