updated 08:30 am EDT, Wed July 9, 2003
- Regress+ 2.5 brings Mac OS X compatibility to the free, Mac-only software package for (univariate) mathematical modeling. The new carbonized version includes options for both deterministic and stochastic modeling as well as bootstrap methodology, choice of optimization criteria, and other advanced features. [1.4MB]
- Alfred 1.6 is an update to the customizable, universal plug-in manager for Mac OS X. Version 1.6 adds a new file inspector for previewing file info, better performance, improved support for drag and drop, better support for file permissions, more display options, and Japanese localization. The $8 shareware runs on Mac OS X. [2.1MB]
- Luma Code's Mac Minder 1.3 is a $20 shareware program that helps track and regulate usage of programs in Mac OS X. Version 1.3 adds an option to force quit unresponsive programs via the preferences and an option to display whether a program is managed by Mac Minder in the menubar. [1.0MB]
- Sillysoft has released has unleashed version 2.3 of its world domination game Lux: It uses the time tested gameplay of the boardgame Risk, but expands it to over a billion different world maps. version 2.3 introduces sound effects and features better multiplayer integration." [2.8MB]
- OpenDX 4.3 is an open-source project designed for the visualization of scientific, engineering and analytical data. It offers bug fixes, a new user interface, a tree display for the tools, an undo option, automatic graph layout for networks, and better keyboard control. It requires an X-server to run.
- Photo to Movie 2.1 enables users to create a movie by zooming and panning over photos. The $30 Mac OS X utility adds support for widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio, new Swedish and Dutch translations, a new short tutorial for basic operation, and other improvements. It supports multiple images, curved motion paths, and realtime preview. [1.2MB]
- Safe Place 1.2 is a password storage database application for Mac OS X. Version 1.2 allows you to secure the database without quitting by simply clicking a toolbar button. It will also lock automatically after ten minutes of inactivity. A 30-day demo of the $10 shareware is available. [5.4MB]