updated 03:00 pm EDT, Thu July 3, 2003
- is a domain management/tracking tool used to track domains you own, or "stalk" domains you don't own. Versiosn 1.2 adds fixes for a few registrars, support for projected release dates of domain names, a new GUI, and built-in support for SnapNames. It runs on Mac OS X and is free for use with up to 100 domains.
- Bruno Blondeau has released MacResponder 1.0, an automated email responder for when you're unavailable. MacResponder scans email accounts periodically and automatically sends replies to tell people you're away or in vacation. For advanced users, MacResponder features rule-based settings to trigger actions based on the sender or the subject and works with multiple email accounts. The personal version is $10, while the "Pro" version is $20. [620KB]
- SwitchRes X.1 is a new version of the background-only application (daemon) that allows you to control the resolutions of all your displays. Version X.1 partially rewritten using the Application Enhancer framework. As a result, it has the ability to: display Contextual Menu in Finder with icons and checkmarks; disable resolutions before they are applied, even on per-application basis; use resolutions aliasing before the first resolution is applied; and apply application settings before the application is launched. [Download - 1.0MB]
- IPNetMonitorX 1.2 is the latest version of the powerful Internet tool kit for Mac OS X that includes Lookup, Ping, Trace Route, Name Server Query, Who Is, Finger, Subnet Calculator, DHCP Lease, TCP Dump, Address Scan, Port Scan, Link Rate, Connection List and TCP Info functions. This update is distributed as an Internet Enabled Disk Image; fixes a bug that closed launcher palette when bringing app to front from Dock; and allows allow odd number ping size. [Download - form]
- Bebosoft has released Forms To Go 1.6.1, a form-to-email script generator in PHP, ASP and Perl language. The script can optionally validate field input for proper value format. New in this version is the addition of Perl language, a preference panel with many setting and bug fixes. Forms To Go is shareware and costs $11, and is availlable for Classic and Mac OS X. [Download - Classic, OS X]
- LispWorks 4.3 is an update to the portable ANSI Common Lisp integrated development tool from Xanalys, which recently became vailable for the Mac platform. Additional new features and enhancements in LispWorks 4.3 include: more powerful hash tables; improved CLOS; improved MOP compliance; more compiler checks; bivalent streams; FLI supports bit fields instructs and unions; CAPI extensions; and more. LispWorks for Macintosh is available as a Professional Edition at $1,000 and Enterprise Edition at $3,000. [Download - site not updated]
- FixerLabs today announced the release of NoiseFixer 1.0, a new approach to removing noise from digital images. NoiseFixer treats color and luminance noise with an easy to use and intuitive user interface, allowing full control over the level of noise removal. It operates on 8 bit and 16 bit images and is available as a Photoshop plug-in for both Mac and PC platforms. FixerLabs also released ShadowFixer, a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop that enhances detail in under-exposed regions of a digital photograph. [Download - Shadow, Noise]