updated 06:05 pm EDT, Mon June 23, 2003
- OpenOffice.org has released ]
- Gammonsoft has introduced a new backgammon game called Absolute Backgammon: "it has superb graphics and sound. It has a very attractive default board with the ability to use other boards (themes/skins), including a much larger Glass Board. Other features include the use of speech and the option to select from several methods to move the pieces." The $25 shareware runs on Mac OS 9/X. [810KB]
- Lemke Software's CADintosh 4.4 ($32) is an update to the 2D-CAD program for technical and architectural drawings. It adds a hybrid mode for working with TIFF images, custom text fonts, improved printing under Mac OS X, better DXF import, and other changes. It is available in German, English, French, Danish and Japanese. [Classic, OSX]
- Apple's Backup 1.2.2 software, which requires Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later, for Mac OS X and .Mac adds support for iTunes 4, Safari, and QuickPick hidding. The utility can back up files to your iDisk or CD/DVD backup (hardware required) with functions for scheduling, automatic restoration, and QuickPicks (specific types of files).
- Script Software's CopyPaste 1.6 is an update to its clipboard system utility. It adds a new multi-selection feature, an option to append text to the clipboard, a new optional menu bar icon, and other changes. The $20 utility provides multiple clipboards and other useful utilities. [2.4MB]
- ECXS has released a "Lite" version of its workgroup organizer, contact- and project management system. ecOrganizer Lite ($100) is based on FileMaker Pro's run-time engine and is only available in single-user and only includes the basic (organizer, contact- and project management) modules. The additional modules for quoting, invoices and time-/cost management are only available in the ‘full’ version ($200 for a limited time).
- biakfennel's DVDManager 1.0 is a "simple, yet efficient" DVD manager available in English and French. Users can manage playlists, search for DVDs, filter DVDs according to status, export lists, and perform other organizational functions. It requires Mac OS X 10.2. [250KB]
- An public release of qXport 3.0a1 is now available. The new version of the Word-to-QuarkXPress converter is completely rewritten with a Client-Server architecture, offering the ability to integrate with other text editing and layout applications in the future. "qXport primer" (Client) is a free Word-Addin, which optimizes the Word file before for conversion "qXport converter" Server (Mac OS 9/X). It offer performance improvements and support for the latest versions of Quark Xpress. [Classic, OSX]
- Moho 4.5 ($100) is an update to the 2D vector-based cartoon animation application for Mac OS X. It offers a set of tools for drawing, coloring, keyframe animation, multi-layer compositing, and final rendering of QuickTime and AVI movie files. It adds true true 3D layer positioning and camera movement, depth sorting of layers, undoable camera moves, bone scaling, more control over layer shadow and shading, and other enhancements. [4.4MB]