updated 11:25 am EDT, Mon June 23, 2003
- The VideoLAN team has released ]
- Emagic's new Guitar Tuner plug-in runs under Mac OS X 10.2 and any host software that supports Audio Unit, such as Logic 5.5 or higher. For Logic users, the plug-in can be inserted on an input channel, and used to tune any stringed instrument. The Guitar Tuner is available for free download. [931KB]
- MacMaid 2.0 from Realmac Software is described as a cleaning utility for Mac OS X, allowing users to manage and organize the desktop. The new Cocoa-based version offers a sentence-based rule system, performance improvements, scheduling, supports moving/opening/deleting of directories, has file protection features, and a menubar icon. It is a free upgrade to the $10 utility. [419KB]
- Aqua For Command-Line Tools provides point-and-click user interfaces for controlling the command-line tools shipped with Mac OS X, allowing users to "skip the manual and have correct command lines built for you." Version 1.0 includes graphical interfaces for over 20 command-line tools in 4 usage categories. The $15 shareware requires Mac OS X. [205KB]
- Yenco.com's Archive 5.1 update contains over 40 enhancements including a new button bar, an improved startup process, resizable search/browse and disk overview windows, an automatic software update feature, built-in feedback, recent catalog access, various interface enhancements and other enhancements to the $20 shareware for catalogging disks. [940KB]
- Reliabit MDDS 1.35 is an update to the multicast file distribution system for Mac OS X and Red Hat Linux. The update includes Configcast auto configuration, improved packet correction, new login splash screen and numerous bug fixes. The system offers security features for the encryption of data in transit, packet correction of multicast data, and distribution management as well as XML-based configuration.
- LAJ Design's DropWaterMark 1.2 ($13) is an update to its cross-platform application that allows users to easily create watermark images. Users can set two different one line text marks, an image (image on image), or set borders for for photos along with custom fonts, font properties, rotation, position, and transparency (or brightness and color). [Classic, OSX]
- SCGI says it has developed a "revolutionary" sharpening and softening plug-in for Adobe Photoshop. The Asiva Sharpen+Soften plug-in allows unmatched control over how an effect is applied to an image. It supports 8 or 16-bit, RGB or CMYK files. A built in Sampler Tool allows for the easy selection of a color range for sharpening or softening should occur, often eliminating complex masking. The Asiva Sharpen+Soften plug-in is currently in the beta test stage and release is expected in mid-July.
- Ilexsoft's HighDesign 1.0.2 is an update to the new professional CAD and illustration program for Mac OS 9/X: "This release provides: many improvements and fixes on walls; added the ability to change the leading side of a selected wall; doors and windows can now be moved within their parent wall; better HPGL support; DXF files can now be opened via a double-click; improved Hatch & Fill properties dialogue; and other miscellaneous bug fixes. It is $350. [Classic, OSX]