updated 02:00 pm EDT, Tue June 17, 2003
- TheCodingMonkeys has released ]
- MySQL4X Manager 2.2 for Mac OS X is a database management client for MySQL that offers control over MySQL3.23 and MySQL4.x databases, displays administrative information, including a graphical manager for users and access privileges. Users can check/repair damaged tables, schedule backups and monitor the database server (including current client processes). The Basic ($50) supports up to 2 database servers, while the Professional ($90) supports an unlimited number of servers. [3.2MB]
- Mireth today introduced iVCD, a $30 application that allows you to easily make Video CDs and Super Video CDs. iVCD creates Video CDs from iMovie or Quicktime movie files and can be used to author Video CDs (MPEG-1) or Super Video CDs (MPEG-2), supporting both NTSC and PAL output formats. It also plays .mov files, and erases CD-RWs. [2.5MB]
- Nano Software has released Accounts 1.5, an update to its $30 personal finance manager and small business accounting application for Mac OS X. The new version sports an updated interface, allows duplication of transactions, adds new preferences, and improves support for German and French languages. [1.8MB]
- Zebra has released a collection of technical symbols for use with Adobe Illustrator 10, including thousands of unique symbols in 81 different libraries are available in Architecture, Building Services, Landscaping, Electrical, Mechanical, Fasteners, and General categories. Each contains detailed isometric views of fasteners, mechanical and structural components. Pricing starts at $20 per library or $90 for special bundles.
- Sybase says it will integrate Quadbase Systems Inc.'s graphic reporting software with its Adaptive Server Enterprise database, according to eWeek. "EspressReport 3.0.2 is a Java reporting tool that takes real-time data across any platform and turns it into reports on such things as Web site click-through rates or customer demographics."
- As noted yesterday, MacSoft today released a demo of the Neverwinter Nights 1.0b, described as "the most complete software adaptation ever of the classic pen-and-paper Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game... Players will enjoy a fast-paced adventure, revolving around an epic story of faith, war and betrayal." [240MB]
- Export Artwork v1.1 is a script will process the selected tracks from a playlist or library in the iTunes windows and will output only 1 .pict file for each given album. Users can customize the save location, the name of each file, and view the log file. It requires Extra Suites, a background scripting application (similar to OSAXen additions) that enhances and adds functionality to the script. [10KB]
- FTPeel 1.0b2 is an ftp client from Freshly Squeezed Software. It offers "intelligent mirroring" functions, advanced bookmark management, both list and column views, and other features. The public beta will expire August 1st, 2003. [1.3MB]