updated 06:10 pm EDT, Mon June 9, 2003
- gives you the ability to create line charts, bar charts, column charts, scatter charts, and pie charts all using FileMaker's built-in features, "without plug-ins or licensing fees." You can also serve the images over the Web using the Web Companion. [Download - FM 5/6, FM 4.x]
- Rob Randtoul has released a number of new desktop background images to address the "severe shortage of quality wallpapers [...] designed to look good on wide-screen format monitors." All of the images are rendered in wide-screen format at 1920x1200 and 1440x900 (8:5 format) and are available to members of PlasmaDesign. Lifetime membership costs $5 and provides access to all artwork -- "past, present and future for the life of the site."
- Screen 640x480 2.0 is a utility for Web designers to properly size their Web sites to be viewable on older Macs. Version 2.0 adds the ability to choose resolution between 640x480, 800x600 or 1024x768. The application is freeware, but "as Web site traffic costs some money, you can say thank you with a few dollars." Source code is included. [Download - 764KB]
- Alfred 1.5.1 is an easy to use, customizable, universal plug-ins manager. It is inspired by Mac OS 9's Finder and Extensions Manager. This maintenance update provides the following improvements: slightly enhanced performance of the file browsing; corrects bug whereby some packages were malformed; many icons and toolbars have been revamped to improve overall user experience; and more. [Download - 1.5MB]
- Artman21 has released JChecker 3.0, and update to its powerful HTML source code editor and checker. It supports 16 HTML/XHTML validation dictionaries, auto-generation for DTD dictionaries, auto HTML error correction, and powerful link checking including sub linked pages. Additionally, "it inherits powerful editing functions from its brother Jedit, including regular expression search, AppleScriptability, and enhanced macro functions." Verson 3.0.5 adds five new validation check items, improved recursive link checking and several minor bug fixes. [Download - Classic, Mac OS X]
- Danicsoft today released a significant update to Copernicus, its flagship screen-capture utility. Copernicus allows you to capture and handle screenshots in Mac OS X with "unprecedented ease." Version 1.2 introduces many new features, options and fixes many bugs. Copernicus can be used on a trial basis for 30 days, after which Copernicus will watermark screenshots with the phrase "please register copernicus" until registered for $10. [Download - 1.1MB]