updated 09:40 am EDT, Tue June 3, 2003
- Apple's Bluetooth 1.2.1, available via the Software Update, provides enhanced stability and support for the following Symbian OS based mobile phones: Nokia 3650, Nokia 7650, and Sony Ericsson P800. It is recommended for use with iSync 1.1.
- Microspot Ltd has released the latest version of its Mac OS X native professional large format printer driver: (£350) features Microspot's Pixel Expansion technology, which dramatically increases speed while lowering the RAM requirement. It also adds an enhanced error diffusion algorithm for higher quality photographic prints and support for the Encad range of printers as well as some Océ and Xerox printers.
- Bains Software's Envoy 1.0 is a download manager for HTTP, FTP, and Gnutella downloads. It can resume transfers seamlessly, including those started from other programs. It also features an integrated Gnutella client, scheduling, live previews of downloads, logging, and other features. A 30-launch trial of the $18 shareware is available for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. [Classic, OSX]
- Presenta has released iGetter 1.9.5, an update to its download utility that features support for resuming broken downloads, segmented (accelerated) downloading, queue filtering, file mirrors support, processing web page links, and scheduling. It adds new localizations for Traditional Chinese and German, contextual menu support for OmniWeb, support for Safari/Camino "cookies", and other features. The $25 shareware runs on Mac OS 8/9/X. [Classic, OSX]
- F-Script 1.2.4 is a lightweight object-oriented interactive and scripting layer specifically designed for Mac OS X. Version 1.2.4 enhances the integration between F-Script and Cocoa, and comes with extended documentation F-Script is an open-source scripting environment for Mac OS X using Cocoa as its native object model. [6.6MB]
- Saphire Innovations has released an update to its After Effects plugins set: Andrew's (video) effects Vol 1 v1.2 consists of 12 plugins for After Effects 5.5, including posterization, color solar effects, inverse, grayscale color effects as well as a selection of color gradient 'op' art plugins. The latest version includes a number of new color features as well as additional mask effects. The $40 shareware runs on Mac OS 9/X.