updated 02:50 pm EDT, Mon June 2, 2003
- HairerSoft has released Amadeus II 3.6, its $25 shareware visual waveform audio file editing and analyzing application for the Mac OS and Mac OS X. It lets you use your Mac for many sound-related applications, such as live audio recording, digitizing tapes and records, sampling from any external source and for editing and analyzing Mp3, Ogg Vorbis, AIFF, SoundDesigner II, QuickTime or WAVE files. It adds AAC file support, recording timers, and Mach-O VST plugin support. [2.1MB]
- Authoxy 1.1.2 runs locally as a proxy server to intercept HTTP requests, forwarding them on to your regular proxy with authentication details you define in a System Preference Pane. It has improved error messages printed to the syslog by the daemon and other small improvements. It is $10 ($5 for students) and runs on Mac OS X. [144KB]
- BetterConsole 4.0 is an application that you can use to display messages written to the console, or any sort of log file. It offers views of multiple files (including rotating log files), supports filter rules for ignoring unwanted output, and has advanced control of window hide/show, transparency, and control hiding options as well as a user-selectable font. There is a $10 suggested payment. [353KB]
- FinKit 1.5 is a flexible financial calculator that calculates annuities, bonds, credit cards, dates, equipment leases, funds, and more. It does on-the-fly currency conversions between 182 currencies, using rates that are updated via the Internet. Version 1.5 adds results and details for all of the 24 calculations, auto-formatting for input fields, and other bug fixes. A demo of the $25 shareware for Mac OS X is available. [1.6MB]
- Boris FX today officially announced Boris Title Toolkit, a set of dynamic new plug-ins developed for Adobe After Effects (after unveiling the product a few weeks ago) The Title Toolkit plug-ins create broadcast-quality, animatable titles directly in the native After Effects user interface, including Boris Vector Text, Text Scrambler, Title Crawl and Vector Shape plug-ins. It is available for $200 through the end of the month ($250 thereafter).
- XShelf 1.1, a clipboard utility for Mac OS X 10.2, provides a shelf where drag & drop items (such as files, text, or URLs) can be stored for later use: "Thus, not only can Drag and Drop operations be "paused", multiple operations can be in flight at once. Version 1.1 adds support for Services, a command-line utility, and clipboard integration." The donation ware only runs on Mac OS X. [102KB]