updated 08:20 am EDT, Mon June 2, 2003
- Sibelius today began shipping its new guitar tab and songwriting software, . Users can create, playback and post guitar tab: "Designed by guitarists for guitarists, G7 enables musicians of any level to create tab faster and easier, add lyrics and chord symbols and instantly create lead sheets or Piano-Vocal-Guitar scores. With the purchase of the G7 tab authoring software, musicians receive a free Web page, where they can place their photo, bio, and music making it simple to market to a worldwide audience. Musicians can also share tab through e-mails sent in G7/Scorch format, where the receiver can see it, print it and play it using their browser." It is $150.
- DEVONtechnologies today updated it freeware tools: CalcService 3.1 (CS) includes new functions such as ceil(), floor(), round(), acosh(), asinh(), atanh(), cosh(), sinh() and tanh(); WordService 2.4.2 (WS) features a new "Speak Text/Stop" command, while the "Insert Date/Time/Date & Time" now uses the system-wide formatting preferences. AntiWordService 2.0 (AWS) enables Cocoa applications to open Microsoft Word documents and BlueService 1.21 (BS) send selected text to compliant Bluetooth devices. [CS, WS, AWS, BS]
- Collaborate 2.1 is a "combination chat and whiteboard program through which individuals in disparate locations can interact to work out ideas. Collaborate functions as a distributed network allowing an arbitrary number of individuals to be involved." Version 2. adds the ability to drag-and-drop graphic files onto the whiteboard and support for multiple whiteboards. The $10 shareware is free to students, faculty and staff of educational institutions as well as to staff of non-profit and charitable organizations. [415KB]
- Pangea Software today announced it is shipping the CD version of Enigmo game title. "Our original plan was to release a CD version of Enigmo in the fall, closer to Chiristmas, but the response to the game has been absolutely tremendous." The CD version of Enigmo will be in stores soon, or it can currently be ordered directly from Pangea Software’s web site for $25. The Enigmo CD also contains unregistered copies of virtually all other Pangea game titles as well.
- Crescendo Software has updated Picture Play 1.8, its image composition tool for OS X. Picture Play combines photos and other graphics to create compositions with editable text content, backgrounds, and stylish effects including translucency, transparency, rotation and more. It adds resolutions for each document, abitrary zoom functions, more background effects, and other changes. It is a free update to the $15 shareware. [1.1MB]