updated 11:30 pm EDT, Mon May 19, 2003
- Kualo Software has updated ]
- Alfred 1.5 is the latest release of the customizable, universal plug-ins manager. Inspired by Mac OS 9's Extensions Manager, it takes care of "Mac OS X specificities," and "improves user experience to install, remove and manage any kind of plug-ins," such as screen savers, preference panes, and fonts. This update "focuses on making the application more user friendly," and adds numerous new features and bug fixes. [Download - 1.5MB]
- Space-Time Associates announced released version 1.0.7 of TinyBooks, a new Macintosh accounting/bookkeeping program. TinyBooks is designed for sole proprietors, home and other small businesses, and family finances. "TinyBooks is a simple, flexible, non-bloated, single-entry bookkeeping program," according to the developer. The latest update adds a new non-modal help dialog, updates contact and Web site info, and eases online registration. [Download - 204KB]
- Reliabit has released MDDS 1.2 (Multicast Data Distribution System), an update to its IP Multicast based file transfer system that includes an updated GUI, per host error correction statistics and numerous bug fixes. "The system is designed to transmit files from one computer to a large number of target computers simultaneously and efficiently. The system offers security features for the encryption of data in transit, packet correction of multicast data, and distribution management.
- Dracosoft today released Amazed, a "fun filled" maze game for Mac OS X. "As you go through the maze you can collect various items to help you along the way." With six different level themes and ninety-six different characters the graphic combinations "seem endless," according to Dracosoft. There are four starting difficulties to choose from. When the maze begins the player gets a quick overall “snapshot” of the puzzle. You must look for the way through quickly, because it quickly disappears. [Download - 3.6MB]