updated 09:50 am EDT, Mon May 19, 2003
- CourseForum Technologies has released version 2.2 of both its workgroup and educational web collaboration packages. ($80) provides for interactive online course sites. Both offer many powerful features, yet can be setup in minutes. This release features new administration tools which make it easier to manage storage of interactive forums.
- MMISoftware has released iCalMaker, a text-based appointment creation tool. The program allows the rapid creation of vCal diary appointment files for use with iCal and other such applications. The $20 shareware can merge appointments from multiple calendars and create appointments within iCalMaker. [506KB]
- Melonsoft today announced PianistEnvy 1.5, a music instruments program that now supports recording and playback of songs. PianistEnvy 1.5's recording tools are found in a new Record window, which features a very clean and easy interface to have users recordingand playing back their masterpieces in seconds. The $5 shareware allows anyone with a Mac and QuickTime to instantly unleash 120+ crystal-clear instruments built-into QuickTime. [Classic, OSX]
- VRTools today released deliVRator 1.2.2, a $200 QuickTime movie editor that can optimize web delivered QuickTime movies: "Optimized movies can be tested immediately, at any connection speed, with the emulated network connection." It features OS X support, cubic QTVR optimization, a Movie Security Manager that protects movies from unauthorized modification, and improved media sample editing.
- Clutter d13 brings two-way integration with the new cover art feature of iTunes 4 to the application for locating CD cover artwork (on Amazon.com) and copying it into your music collection. It creates double-clickable objects to instantly launch your favorite music album, providing an alternative interface to your music collection. [283KB]
- Readerware has released version 2.83 of its Readerware catalog applications for Mac OS X. This release includes new site support, new documentation and support for Java 1.4.1, which brings notice significant speed improvements. Readerware will automatically catalog your library of books; ReaderwareAW will catalog your CDs with full track information and cover art (via the UPC or barcode), and ReaderwareVW is designed to catalog videos. Prices start at $40 each or $75 for all three. The company is offering free USB barcode readers with selected bundles starting at $85.