updated 12:35 pm EDT, Wed May 14, 2003
- Casady & Greene today released an update to its light database, . It includes a number of improvements, including ptimized save methods for faster saves, improved modem dialing, better handling of HTML email imports, more compatibility with Netscape 7 mailboxes, and improved import functions. The $40 application runs on both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
- The cover creation software for the Macintosh, UnCoverIt 2.0b5, features direct track and playlist import from iTunes and adds support for iTunes 4 data CDs when creating MP3 covers. The shareware application automatically generates labels for Data, Audio, and MP3 CDs and other media types. The final version of UnCoverIt 2 will additionally provide templates for ZIP, JAZ, SuperDisk and ORB discs. [843KB]
- WebDesign 2.1.1 is a maintenance update to the $30 web-authoring package from Rage Software. It combines a drag and drop interface allowing for visual creationof HTML elements with a feature rich text editor and offers advanced web site management tools as well as an FTP client. Version 2.1.1 fixes problems with find and replace within folders, file includes and offers enhanced stability. [2.4MB]
- Ultralingua has released Ultralingua Dictionaries 4.34 for MacOS X. It adds numerous entries to the language dictionaries--especially the English Dictionary and Thesaurus and the German-English dictionary) as well as a new Spanish-German and German-Spanish module. It also offer improved indexing and better handling of multiple databases. Pricing starts at $24 per module with upgrades from v3.0 priced at $15.
- Waves in Motion has released Analyzer 3.5, a FileMaker Pro assistant that "hunts things down, tracks changes, and finds common problems so developers can build better solutions." Version 3.5 produces useful new reports, including the Notes Report, which consolidates all notes for your entire solution and a Trace Report that shows a hierarchical view of a script as well as a Problem Report, which consolidates all problems into one place. The $190 application requires FileMaker Developer 6.0.