updated 09:10 am EDT, Wed May 14, 2003
- Stupendous Software's new plugin pack for iMovie contains 24 effects, including blue screen, green screen, blending, and compositing effects. Various mask extraction effects allow users to "pull" masks from video clips and use them for compositing of clips over each other. The plugin pack is available for free to registered users of the Stupendous Bundle ($200), which has nearly 350 effects and is $25 for others.
- Intaglio 1.2 is an update to the new Mac OS X drawing application from Purgatory Design. The release adds multiple layer support, horizontal and vertical guide support, EPS import functions, a new ruler tool, and other bug fixes and improvements. The Mac OS X application ($60) offers support for AppleScript, Apple Type Services, ColorSync, and QuickTime technologies. [1.4MB]
- iMedia Software's Omega 1.0 is a fully featured Alarm clock with functions for setting alarms by date, using it as kitchen timer, comparing time zones and much more. It can also remind users about important events by playing your favorite music or video (MP3, MPG, mov, etc.), showing a notification message, opening a document, or launching a specific application. It is $10. [1.5MB]
- Publicspace.net has released version 5.6 of its A Better Finder Rename. The new version adds an online user manual and improved support for handling long file names as well as bug fixes. The $15 shareware contextual menu plugin allows users to quickly rename multiple files. [Classic, OSX]
- West-Forest-Systems' CDFinder 4.1.1 is an update to its powerful disk cataloging tool. It can catalog hard disks, iPods, CD-ROMs, DVDs, floppies, ZIPs and other media via its flexible user interface and also offers powerful search functions. The $25 utility now adds support for AAC files created by iTunes, storing related information such as song duration and the enclosed tag information, such as Artist, Album, Genre, and such. [1.2MB]
- VideoCalc X 2.0 has been released for Mac OS X. VCX, available as donationware, is designed as a tool for iMovie users who wish to know the free space on their hard drive and how much space vide will take up on that hard drive. It now features auto-calculating fields, offers hours or minutes info, and has new grahics/icons. [260KB]
- Maxi Bidder is a new program for Macintosh owners that utilize eBay. Maxi Bidder will allow you to bid on eBay auctions at the last few minutes of an auction. It features automatic bidding on eBay items and support for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. It is $10 shareware. A demo is available. [Classic, OSX]