updated 09:35 am EDT, Fri May 9, 2003
- nova media has introduced a GSM and GPRS solution for Philips Fisio phones 820 and 825. can be used to establish easy and fast mobile high speed connections for Internet, Remote Access and FTP connections worldwide, supporting more than 170 GPRS networks and most mobile phones as well as a Bluetooth connectivity. It is 100 Euro.
- Karelia Software today released Watson 1.7.1, a maintenance upgrade to its desktop interface to over twenty of the most popular Web services and content. Version 1.7.1 adds a "Clear Searches" menu to remove history of search terms, new preferences, and other bug fixes. A single-user license is $30, while a household license is $40. [1.8MB]
- Karelia also released a new freeware application called TuneFinder X, based on the innovative 'TuneFinder' application by Elbert G. Smith that indexes over 13,000 musical themes and melodies. The user plays a few notes from a melody with the mouse with an on-screen piano keyboard; the program then searches its database for the best matches and displays the name of the composer and composition. [379KB]
- Hitek Software's AbleFtp is a $40 shareware ftp application that is designed primary for automation of ftp and related tasks. "The goal is to create advanced ftp tasks that can be scheduled automatically or run instantly. It supports a very flexible wildcard system to transfer multiple files at once and subdirectory transfers. It can automatically save files based on date/time or customized names." [1.5MB]
- John MacDonnell's DockFun! 4.0b2 is a maitenance update to the shareware utility that will allow users to run an infinite number of OS X's Dock configurations: "You can make your docks like creating an iTunes playlist. It Supports Virtual Docks, Hotkeys, AutoLaunch." [802KB]
- MacAT 6.6 is a "cron" task scheduling application for Macintosh server administrators. It allows more than 42 of the most common MacOS tasks to be run daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly or yearly without user intervention. The $50 shareware offers functions such as launching applications, quiting specific applications, renaming/deleting folders, mounting remote volumes, etc. [3.6MB]