updated 09:40 am EDT, Thu May 8, 2003
IDG World Expo today announced that Apple and Macromedia will each deliver a feature presentation at , both of which are open to all registered attendees: "An [unnamed] Apple executive will take the stage on Wednesday, July 16 at 9:30 a.m. to deliver a feature presentation. Then, Macworld CreativePro attendees will hear from Norm Meyrowitz, president of Macromedia Products on Wednesday, July 16 at 3:00 p.m. Meyrowitz is known for overseeing the teams that created Director, Shockwave, Dreamweaver, and Macromedia Flash." The event takes place from July 14-18 at New York City's Javits Center.
Apple has also developed a new conference track on Pro Audio, featuring the following topics:
- The Vision of Audio in Mac OS X
- ProTools 6 for Mac OS X - The Latest Features and Performance Benefits
- Advanced Editing with Emagic Logic for Mac OS X
- High Level Functions of DJ/Remix Applications within Mac OS X
- The Guitar in the World of Mac OS X
- Surround Production with MOTU DP4 for Mac OS X
- Utilizing Mac OS X Audio Units in Recording and Live Performance
- Audio Restoration and Enhancement of Existing Content
Other Level 1 conference tracks, in addition to Pro Audio, include Design and Publishing, Mac Skills, Music, Photography, Prosumer Video and Web Design. Level 2 conference tracks focus on Professional Video and Design and Publishing.
Users can receive a free Exhibit Hall pass when they register online by May 19, 2003 and a 10% discount off any confrence package when users register online before June 16th using a (unlisted) special priority code. (Shi Cottreau of IDG Legal Affairs contacted MacNN, asking us to remove the priority code.) [updated]