updated 11:30 am EDT, Mon May 5, 2003
- Fullscreen Movie Player 1.1 is a free full screen movie player. Version 1.1 now shows the title of the current movie in the dock menu, adds an option to loop the currently playing video, and other options. [Classic, OSX]
- Maki Enterprises has updated Kids GoGoGo 7.1, its $30 parental control and web-filtering software for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. It also offers functions for restricting application use as well as recording the browser history. It offers better support for Safari, support for the iTunes 4 Music Store, better filtering, better performance, and other changes. [Classic, OSX]
- Oblique Strategies 1.0 is a "freeware application is a handy little utility meant for creative types. It spits out a random oblique strategy from one of the hundred included in the Brian Eno and Peter Schmidt third edition (the 1979 edition). These little anecdotes are meant to assist you when you're having a tough time with the creative process." [64KB]
- Hitek Software's Automize 5.4 is a $50 shareware scheduler and task automation application for Mac OS X that can automate multiple file ftp transfers, ftp daemon and monitor, web downloads through proxy or secured websites, check or send email as well as offers success-based chaining of tasks. Each task can beregularly schedule and it provides email notification as well remote editing of schedules. [2.1MB]
- Sig Software has released Drop Drawers X 1.6.2, its "revolutionary user-interface enhancement which provides floating drawers on the sides of monitors to store text, URLs, aliases, scripts, pictures, sounds, movies and anything else." Version 1.6.2 for Mac OS X adds compatibility with Path Finder and other minor fixes and improvements. [Classic, OSX]
- Spherico has released CopyRestore SD2 for OS X, which "provides the user with an easy and secure procedure to transfer SD2 files from FAT16, FAT32, UFS, UDF volumes to an OS X HFS+ volume. The copy process glues the resource forks back into the raw data, the result is a standard SD2 file." Pricing is $25.
- Brian Bergstrand has released Ext2 Filesystem 1.0a1, a freeware system utilty for Mac OS X that enables the use of Linux Ext2 formatted hard disks, floppies, CD-ROM's, etc from within Mac OS X. It includes support for reading, writing, formatting, etc. [620KB]