updated 04:00 pm EDT, Thu April 24, 2003
- AppendNote 1.0 is a Mac OS X system service which takes selected text (in any service-supporting application) and saves it to a text file on your hard drive. The text will be saved to a plain-text file named 'Notes.txt' in your home directory. Both the file name and the note storage file format can be customized. The OS X-only utility is free. [53KB]
- Boswell 3.1 is a $100 application that flexibly archives, organizes, manipulates, and retrieves text: " original writings, e-mail, instant messages, web clippings, research, and class notes among others. When they are "Boswellized" they become items that can be automatically cross referenced among thousands of categories, grouped, sorted, and searched in very powerful ways." [2.9MB]
- ProjectHQ 1.2 is designed to manage project resources. Version 1.2 adds a Projects menu, has better export functions, an improves searching.. The $12 shareware also offers access to Web tools (dictionary, thesaurus, grammar help, etc.) and integrated Sherlock functionality. [1.8MB]
- 3D Nature has announced its new landscape rendering technology, World Construction Set 6, according to Architosh. It offers tools for transparent water, real volumetric clouds and atmospheres; bump mapping for surface details; a new network render controller; and new support for JPEG, PNG, TIFF, AVI, and QuickTime files as well as OBJ support, LightWorks support and other 3D formats. It is $1000.
- izi-Applicant 1.0 manages the job application review process. Users can input lists of requirements, create simple checklists for each job and score applicants. It offers mail merge templates, personalized email generation, application material tracking/storage, and other functions. The FileMaker-based application is $245.