updated 10:00 am EDT, Thu April 24, 2003
- JediKnight 2.1 is an update to the full-featured, Cocoa-based and Aqua-compliant IRC client. It supports multiple server connections, file transfer, window transparency, rules-based message filtering, text-to-speech, and more. The application is $20 "donationware". [4.3MB]
- SlipStream today announced Version 3 of its Internet acceleration software, SlipStream Data. The new version provides compression for email, as well as tighter integration with both Microsoft Explorer and Netscape web browsers and a new Mac OS X client for for web browsing as well as new reporting features for ISPs and overall speed improvements. This version is available for testing immediately and will be generally available in early May of 2003.
- Realmac Software today announced AudioX 3, a $20 sound recording application that can record sound from any input source under Mac OS X, including a built-in microphone, USB microphone, FireWire video camera or via the audio-in port. It offers AIFF export, speed control of song playback, the ability to add/export notes, new toolbar icons, iTunes-like file management, and other enhancements. [2.0MB]
- Ellipsis has released Safari Bookmark Exporter 1.0, a freeware utility designed to export Safari bookmarks. It supports export to OmniWeb, Camino/Chimera, Mozilla, Netscape, and Internet Explorer browsers. [212KB]
- DropDMG 2.1 is a utility to create ".dmg", ".img", and ".smi" disk images under Mac OS X. It can encrypt images and encode them with GZip, BZip2, or MacBinary and can also create images with rich-text license agreements. It adds support for Internet-enabled disk images, simplified preferences, an improved UI, and other changes. It is a free update to the $10 application. [830KB]