updated 11:25 am EDT, Wed April 23, 2003
- Michel Fortin has released version 2.1 of Gamma Control, a utility to adjust the gamma curve of the screen without having to use ColorSync Calibration Assistant. It adds the ability to save settings in a document, which can be later retrieved an applied. [159KB]
- Brad Rhine today released his $6 utility for sending content updates to Blogger websites. Frequency, now available for Mac OS 9, obviates the need log into Blogger’s web-based update system. It offers asy posting of weblog updates, an HTML preview, HTML buttons for styles and links, and multiple blog support. [Classic, OSX]
- Runtime Labs today released MacSQL 2.6, an application that provides a simple, graphical way to interact with SQL databases. It includes support for Sybase, PostgreSQL 7.3, and improves Microsoft SQL Server support. It also improves printing, has automatic crash reporting, and adds the ability to edit queries in BBEdit. It is a free update to the $250 application. A "Lite" version is $100. [4.6MB]
- Address Book Reports 1.6 is a $15 shareware that generates printable reports on contacts from the Address Book and can also address envelopes and mailing labels including POSTNET bar codes. It improves performance, adds custom font sizes, improves layout customization, and offers direct printing. [7.4MB]
- Mezzo Technologies is accepting pre-orders (with a 10% discount) for Mezzo 4.5 for Mac OS X. In addition to Mac OS X compatibility, the data management application for Pro Tools and DP offers software-based Disk Mirroring functions, CD/DVD-R support, support for new FireWire/USB AIT format backup devices from LaCie and Sony, and other interface enhancements and improved performance. It is $300 and expected to ship by May.
- Synergy 0.98, a $5 shareware iTunes controller, brings accuracy improvements to the automatic album cover download feature, as well as a number of minor bugfixes. The application allows the user to control iTunes via system-wide customisable hot keys, or menu bar control buttons and can display info about the currently playing song in a floating transparent window. [482KB]
- Publicspace.net has released A Better Finder Attributes 3.0, a Finder enhancement utility for Mac OS X. The $10 contextual menu plugin allows users to change the file date and other attributes of Mac OS X files, including both the modification and the creation date. [1.2MB]