updated 10:35 am EDT, Wed April 16, 2003
- Maxum Development today released ]
- PDF U 1.0 is a utility that will allow you to quickly turn on the "hidden" PDF Services menu in the Mac OS 10.2 print dialog boxes: "Normally, you have to go to a special folder on the system, create a folder called 'PDF Services' and add your own scripts. The best part is that we start you with a few scripts to get started." The "donationware" runs on Mac OS X. [388kB]
- Bruno Blondeau has released Watcher'84 1.1, a smart automated web page watcher for Mac OS X. Watcher'84 monitors a list of favorites web pages and notifies the user when something gets updated on one of them. This new version features improved behavior for many popular web sites, better advertisement detection, the ability to reorder watchers by drag&drop, and improved performance. It is $15 shareware. [303KB]
- Scott Ferguson writes: "I just picked up the latest version of Virex 7.2.1 from Apple's .Mac site this morning. It resolves the long standing conflict with Fink. Please share this info with your users. I installed it this morning and it works great."
- Melonsoft today released Exhibit 2.3, an update to its $15 shareware image gallery creation tool with HTML template support. Version 2.3 improves on workflow with various enhancements to the Image list, and Edit window and the ability to insert image-specific information when it builds an image gallery. [Classic, OSX]
- LightWork Design has released an AltiVec-optimized update of LightWorks 7.0, its advanced 3D computer graphics software designed for integration into 3rd party applications. It offers users a performance increase of up to 1.5 times for typical scenes containing soft shadows, ray tracing and procedural shaders: "By optimizing functionality in the core of the rendering engine for AltiVec, LightWork Design seems to have taken a significantly different approach... Other photorealistic rendering engine vendors have generally restricted their Altivec optimizations to peripheral functionality - like simple post-processing filters."
- LAJ Design's eOrdering Gold 1.8 (née Web Proofs) is a cross-platform application that creates online eCommerce stores allowing photographers or small businesses to put their products online easily. It now adds PayPal processing, secure processing via HP or GnuPG to PHP processing, and an optional processing fee for all orders. A 20-day demo of the $75 software is available. [Classic, OSX]