updated 10:05 am EDT, Tue April 15, 2003
- Aspyr has posted a multiplayer patch for ]
- MaxiMice 1.0 is a Mac OS X system utilty designed for users with RSI, carpal tunnel syndrome and similar disorders. It allows users to scroll and drag windows without using the mouse button or scroll wheels. A simple and intuitive System Preferences pane controls all configuration options and each feature can be enabled and fine-tuned on a per application basis. It is $10 shareware. [185KB]
- Drew McCormack's Trade Strategist 1.0b is a program for developing and testing stock market strategies on Mac OS X. Trade Strategist is free, but an upgrade to a new Trade Strategist Pro is $15 until the beta program expires (normally $30). The public beta adds new features to Trade Strategist, including "recommendations," which applies trade strategies to current stock market data to offer guidance on buying/selling shares. [1.7MB]
- Brad Rhine today released a $6 shareware utility for sending content updates to Blogger websites. Frequency reduces the time it takes to update users’ Blogger websites by eliminating the need log into Blogger’s web-based update system. The demo version gives users unlimited access to all features of the program, but places a Frequency advertisement at the end of each website update. It is currently available for Mac OS X, with versions for Mac OS 9 and Windows in development. [1.4MB]
- Vizspring has released an update to its flagship font manager application: Typeset 1.6 is a full-featured font viewing utility offering quick display speeds, multiple Favorites sets, and an intuitive user interface. Version 1.6 is now up to 40% faster than before with optimized display and navigation code, adds a new Slideshow window, improves printing, and other features. The $25 shareware for Mac OS 9/X is limited to 50 fonts until registered. [1.1MB]
- Net Monitor 3.02 is network monitoring tool for Mac OS X. The system utility offers customization of of any of the 7 different graph types (with multiple scaling options) and includes special features for PPP interfaces, such as connect/disconnect, auto reconnect, audio feedback for PPP events, minimum speed connection, etc. Version 3.02 adds a graph fade out effect. It is $7 shareware. [290KB]
- nik multimedia's Dfine 1.0 is a new Photoshop plugin for noise reduction (both Luminance and Chrominance), JPG artifact reduction, contrast/light adjustments, and color cast/balance options. Users can optimize noise reduction, use camera-specific profiles, selectively apply effects to portions of the photo, and use detail-specific brushes for sky, skin, and other types of detail. It is compatible with Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. It is $100.
- Architosh has news on the release of auto.des.sys form.Z 4.0, a 3D modeler for the Mac: "form.Z 4.0 has been rewritten internally to support plugins, multiprocessing and the new UNIX-based Mac OS X, offering a new level of visualization capability on desktop systems. Additionally, there are many enhancements to the interface and a great number of new tools."