updated 08:10 pm EDT, Tue April 8, 2003
- Circus Ponies Software today released ]
- SONOLUCA has made available a Software Developer Kit (SDK) package for its 'Klangfarben' realtime animation software. The Klangfarben SDK is a multimedia authoring tool equipped with a "realtime programming language and advanced render engine." Klangfarben comes with a unique programming language based on simple graphical objects. "It's easy to use, even if you are not a professional programmer."
- Dacons International has released launch.it 2, a significant update to its popular file launching plug-in for FileMaker Pro. launch.it enables you to access a 'File Open' dialog, select any file and save its path to a FileMaker database field. Version 2.0 of the $30 plug-in adds the use of the 'File Open' dialog; the ability to retrieve a list of all files from a set folder; the option to set filters for certain file types when importing file names and paths; and the ability to retrieve file icons for user friendly presentation in FileMaker. [Download - form]
- Version 1.0.5 of Directors NoteBook adds support for remote control in “Presentation Mode” via Bluetooth enabled Sony Ericsson phones to the FileMaker add-on package for film directors. Using Sony Ericsson Clicker 1.5, orders of Sony Ericsson cellular phones can remotely control Directors NoteBook's slideshow functionality. Directors NoteBook costs $250. [Download - Classic, OS X]
- Micromata has released Schroedinger 1.0, a Mac OS X software suite that enables users to set up a JSP server without programming knowledge. "Because Schroedinger reports every HTTP access in detail, possible bugs can be found very fast," the developer notes. [Download - form]
- VLC 0.5.3 is the latest version of the portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. The latest version offfers support for playing directories and video4linux as well as bug fixes for USB speakers on Mac OS X. It also adds stream type for some Motorola MPEG-2 video encoders, and support for 3ivx D4, '3ivd' and '3vid' encodings, support for 'MSS1' codec, and others. [Download - 3.9MB]
- Download Wizard 1.03 is an update to the "small, simple and elegant" replacement for your browser's built-in download manager. It is written entirely in Cocoa, so it "integrates seamlessly with Mac OS X" and, according to the developer, includes features you'd expect from a Cocoa-based application: Dock menus, service availability, Dock icon status, and localization. "It strives to be small, fast and reliable while making use of all the abilities of Apple's newest OS." [Download - 331KB]
- Runtime Revolution and Paradigma Software today announced two initiatives to bring Valentina Database Technology to Revolution developers. Revolution, the "premiere cross-platform rapid application development environment," now incorporates direct access to the Valentina XCMD component. Paradigma Software's Valentina technology incorporates a unique SQL compatible database kernel, known for its ability to manage millions of records with both speed and reliability, limited only by available RAM.
- Bobby Cronkhite Software today released ZeboPhoto 1.2.5, an update to the popular image viewer/editor program for Classic and Mac OS X. Version 1.2.5 adds an "Anchor Controls To Browser" preference option, a delete function to the slide show, an optional file count caption to the slide show, and more hot keys for slideshow browsing. Users are asked to pay only what they think the software is worth, pricing options starting at $5. ZeboPhoto 1.2.5 is a free upgrade for registered users of previous versions. [Download - Classic, OS X]