updated 01:20 pm EDT, Tue April 8, 2003
- Unsanity today released ]
- James Sentman has released Image in a Hurry, a fast image browser and export utility for iPhoto. It allows users to browse thumbnails and select images for export, resizing and re-compressing. The $12 shareware requires MacOS 10.2 or greater and iPhoto 2.0. [1.2MB]
- Objectpark Development's LetterWorks 1.3 is an update to the application for writing quality letters with ease and style. Users can "focus on content while layout, formatting and default text are determined by a predefined stationery." The upgrade features integration with the Page Sender faxing software and automatic typographic quotes while LetterWorks Pro adds automated mail merge functionality for printing and faxing letters to multiple recipients (fax merge with Page Sender only)." The standard version is $30, while the Pro version is $60. [1.8MB]
- Page Sender 3.0.1 updates Smile Software's fax software for Mac OS X. The update features LetterWorks integration, fixes for disappearing folders, duplicate history entries, and more. A 30-day demo of the $30 application is available now. [2.9MB]
- Advenio Software has updated SQLGrinder 1.2.5 for Mac OS X. SQLGrinder is a native Mac OS X SQL editor and developer tool that allows developers to easily create, edit and execute SQL queries as well as browse their database structures. This release works better with the latest versions of Mac OS X, fixes the display of indexes, primary and foreign keys and improves the display of PostgreSQL specific data types. A demo of the $50 application is available online. [1.3MB]
- Fe77 Server Suite v1.1 is an integrated server system with graphical installer and configuration utility designed to help Mac users leverage their existing software and hardware investments with a powerful set of web development tools and production quality server components, including WebDAV support in both Apache2 and Tomcat. Users can develop/depoly JSP/Servlet application with Tomcat, create web services with Apache 2, develop/deply XSL/XSLT application with Cocoon and develop and delopy PHP applications. Additional modules (phpMyAdmin 2.4.0 and Postgre SQL 7.3.2) are available on the Web. Commerical pricing starts at $60, while education pricing starts at $20.
- iScooper 1.0 is an automatic media downloading application for Mac OS X that enables users to automatically download and browse batches of pictures much faster and more conveniently than conventional web browsers. It can automatically download an entire batch of pictures simply by dragging & dropping a picture gallery web link. The $20 shareware also provides a slideshow playback interface. [1.8MB]