updated 07:55 pm EDT, Mon April 7, 2003
- adds support for migrating FileMaker Pro databases to MySQL: "FileMaker Pro customers can now economically host FileMaker Pro data on the Internet even if their ISP does not directly support FileMaker Pro database hosting. Large text fields are migrated as MySQL TEXT columns and Container field JPEG image data is migrated to MySQL LongBLOB columns." The graphical application generates table and tablespace creation scripts, csv, and tab delimited export file processing, and documentation files as well as ODBC transfer Perl scripts to facilitate the migration of large text fields and JPEG image data within FileMaker Pro container fields. Pricing starts at $10. [Download - 1.0MB]
- Digital Point Solutions has created two web-based tools for testing FileMaker databases. FileMaker Web Digger is a web-based application which can be used to quickly check the security of any of your FileMaker databases you are publishing via the web. FileMaker Server Probe is a web-based application which you can use to get a list of files, platform, and FileMaker version that are being shared by FileMaker.
- Intaglio 1.0 is a new drawing and illustration application for Mac OS X. It takes advantage of the technologies Apple has built into Mac OS X to provide professional graphics capabilities while "retaining a traditional Macintosh experience in a consumer priced application." Intaglio is ideal for the casual user who has outgrown the basic graphics capabilities of integrated suites, and for the advanced user who wants a powerful, but streamlined application with a simple interface, according to the developer. [Download - 1.2MB]
- QuantumSoft today released pro Fit 5.6.4 for Mac OS X. Version 5.6.4 is an update to the popular tool for the analysis and presentation of numerical data and mathematical functions. The update provides various bug fixes and is recommended to all users of pro Fit 5.6.x. The full version of pro Fit is available for $95. [Download - 3.9MB]
- SCA Mecanica has released Quick Pallet Maker 3,0, its efficient pallet-loading / packaging design software. This new version introduces the box fill feature, a pallet layer editor, bottles, new palletizing arrangements and a change to the calculation engine that allows more flexibility and a wider array of pallet solutions. The package design application calculates and displays optimal pallet loads, based on Primary Package or Box dimensions and load restrictions. The $380 application (up to four licenses) is available for Mac OS 8/9/X. [Download - Classic, OSX]
- RedleX has released Mellel 1.5.1, a new version of its multilingual word-processor that adds enhanced spell checking, keyboard navigation and selection, automatic save and contextual menus, "alongside many other small enhancements." The $20 package is a word processor built for Mac OS X that contains "many sophisticated word processing features, with many more to come over the next few months." [Download - 3.2MB]
- MuchoThumbs 3.1 is an application designed to create thumbnails web sites extremely rapidly, with all related parts (thumbnails, web pages, banners...). Version 3.1 adds an optional copyright notice, a new zoom window, a crop tool, the ability to revert to the original image, a black & white conversion tool, and a new window mneu. It is a free update to the $15 shareware application for Mac OS 9/X. [Download - 1.8MB]