updated 12:30 pm EST, Fri April 4, 2003
- Chronos today released ]
- Automated Workflow has posted Clipboard Scripts, a collection of 20 AppleScripts that can be used to improve everyday system efficiency. "Clipboard Scripts" utilize the clipboard in OS X to perform specialized tasks. After copying text to the clipboard, users can trigger these AppleScripts to add prefixes and suffixes to each paragraph, sort paragraphs, extract URLs, remove HTML tags, and so on. A five-script "Clipboard Scripts" package is available as freeware; the complete package of all 20 scripts is available for as little as $5. [Download - Freeware form]
- KeyStrokes 3.0, a major update to the only fully-functional on-screen keyboard solution for Mac OS X, is scheduled for release in May and will include a "revolutionary" new word prediction engine. "This is not the earlier planned port of the word prediction engine used in KeyStrokes 2," cautions the developer. Version 3.0 will cost $200 for new users, and will be free to owners of prior version.
- Pro Tools 6.0.1 is a free update to the audio editing suite for Mac OS X. The update corrects a "NeoAccess" error; adds the ability to read/write embedded comments in AIFF and generic WAV files; introduces a command to a command to copy the Mac OS X Finder comments to the Database comments field of a DigiBase Catalog; and corrects a '9014' error with Mbox. [Download - form]
- Koingo Software has released version 4.1.2 of Password Retriever, an update that includes a complete overhaul of the core as well as "many code optimizations." The update is free to owners of previous versions. Password Retriever lets you store and categorize passwords for "everything from your voice mail to your countless e-mail accounts." [Download - 963KB]
- HotApp 1.7.3 and HotAlias 1.5 are now available from TrufSoft for Mac OS X. The new releases introduce expanded support for file and application tracking. HotAlias is a simple multiple document launcher; HotApp is a utility application that let you control various elements of Mac OS X directly from the keyboard. [Download - HotApp, HotAlias]